Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with spinners

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 01:03 AM
Silencer06
2nd Gear Member

Location: Raised in Chicago; living near St. Louis in Troy, IL
Default Help with spinners

I just bought and received a set of THESE spinners to mount onto my new deep dish Bullitts that I received from AmericanMuscle.com. It took the tire shop guys a little while to figure out the instructions for how the spinners are supposed to attach to the center of the wheel, but they eventually got it....and then they ran into a problem....

As they tried to mount the wheel to the car, they realized that the black nipple-shaped dust cover that's affixed to the front wheels to protect the wheel bearings is in the way! When they tried to mount the wheel, they realized that cover bumps up against the spinner parts and prevents the wheel from going on completely, so I could only put the wheels on WITHOUT the spinners attached.

I KNOW other people have these same spinners on their '06 GTs because I've seen pictures of them, so I was wondering how those of you who have them got it to work. What did you do to compensate for that dust cover and still attach the spinners? I can't imagine the dust covers should be removed due to the obvious need for them, plus they're affixed pretty securely! So if it stays, how the heck do you get the wheels to mount with the spinners installed?????

Thanks in advance for ANY input you can provide!

Nick
Old 09-30-2006, 07:19 PM
Silencer06
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Help with spinners

BUMP. Is there nobody out there with spinners on their wheels that can help me out?
Old 09-30-2006, 08:23 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

i have the stock ones

just put the wheels on regularly without them on. Then you just take them and wack them into the hole
theres a metal ring that is sort of spring that pops into the center of the wheel. I take them on and off like my underwear
Old 09-30-2006, 09:47 PM
andrew4fins

I assume you have BRS?? That may be the prob. Ford ones pop on and BRS security/attach. BRS-metal, Ford-plastic. You can do the Ford ones and use a closet door insert from Home Depot to sorta secure them. May be you're only option w/ those rims. Dunno.

Old 10-01-2006, 12:35 AM
Silencer06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: andrew4fins

I assume you have BRS?? That may be the prob. Ford ones pop on and BRS security/attach. BRS-metal, Ford-plastic. You can do the Ford ones and use a closet door insert from Home Depot to sorta secure them. May be you're only option w/ those rims. Dunno.

I bought them from Mustang Tuning, but the instrux say they are BRS so I presume they get a deal for bulk ordering and then turn them around to the consumers. In any case, I bought the wheels at Mustang Tuning too, so I would hope they wouldn't be selling spinners to go with their wheels when they know they won't work! Been trying to call them the last two days to ask them directly, but I missed them due to the time difference and of course they're closed on Saturdays.

In the meantime, does anyone else have the BRS spinners mounted on the DD Bullitts from Mustang Tuning? If so, how'd you get 'em to work?
Old 01-25-2007, 12:50 AM
brsparts
Former Sponsor

Hi I think I spoke to you a few months ago on the phone and we fixed this-- This is Bob from BRS -- I've sold over 1000 of these kits justfor the 2005 - 2007 mustangs and never have any problem with them.
A lot of theTirepeople just don't read the directions they are busy etc etc - I also make the kits for mustang tuning and that kit fits 1998 - 2007 so there is a few different ways to install them so the person installing themhas toread the directions! -- I stand behind my product 100% -- It's Chrome Plated Aluminum and through bolted so it doesn't come off but what is more important it's made better and looks 100 times better than fords. Here is two Pic's from my site -
Go to my website and check out some of the pictures and the instructions -- If anyone has any trouble putting them on I'm just a phone call away no matter who you bought them from -- I'll help you --
Hey not only do I make them But I'm a customer too
Thanks Bob BRS Parts click on my banner ad or go to www.brsparts.com
For Help or Questions Just call 321-984-8999 ask for Bob
Old 01-25-2007, 12:55 AM
brsparts
Former Sponsor

I'll try the Pictures again -- I'm new to this posting thing
Old 01-25-2007, 04:55 AM
Silencer06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: brsparts

Hi I think I spoke to you a few months ago on the phone and we fixed this-- This is Bob from BRS -- I've sold over 1000 of these kits justfor the 2005 - 2007 mustangs and never have any problem with them.
A lot of theTirepeople just don't read the directions they are busy etc etc - I also make the kits for mustang tuning and that kit fits 1998 - 2007 so there is a few different ways to install them so the person installing themhas toread the directions! -- I stand behind my product 100% -- It's Chrome Plated Aluminum and through bolted so it doesn't come off but what is more important it's made better and looks 100 times better than fords. Here is two Pic's from my site -
Go to my website and check out some of the pictures and the instructions -- If anyone has any trouble putting them on I'm just a phone call away no matter who you bought them from -- I'll help you --
Hey not only do I make them But I'm a customer too
Thanks Bob BRS Parts click on my banner ad or go to www.brsparts.com
For Help or Questions Just call 321-984-8999 ask for Bob
You and I did indeed speak a few months ago. So you know, I wrote this message before we spoke and before you returned from vacation, so I had no clue how to get them to work until you and I spoke. Unfortunately, believe it or not, the spinners are STILL sitting in the box they came in because I haven't been able to get them installed....not because I can't get them to work, but rather, because my baby is bedded down for the winter. I don't have a hydraulic lift in my garage otherwise I'd try putting them on at home, so unfortunately I have to wait until we get nicer weather and the majority of the winter sand and gravel is cleared from the road before I can drive her up to the auto shop, get her on a lift, and try what you told me to (if I can remember ).

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know I DO TRUST YOUR PRODUCT, and I'm sure everything will go on just fine once I get a chance to get my car on a lift. Thanks much for the reply -- I'm looking forward to getting them on the car and I'll post pictures after I do.

Nick