Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keep mustang or go used viper???????/

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 10:53 AM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Keep mustang or go used viper???????/

A few comments:

As Bl1nkage suggested, the best "Bang for your buck" route would be to keep the GT and then mod it. With a blower and some other mods you will have a killer ride for a lot less money than the GT500.

As for the Viper, my experience with them is limited. However, the "issues" that most people bring up are not that big of a deal. Noise and a harsh ride? That comes with any serious sports car. If you are concerned about the noise, do a dynamat (or other brand) job. Problem solved. As for the heat, yes, it's uncomfortable. However you can greatly reduce this with header wrap and heat shielding under the chassis and around the firewall.

My advice is definatley to DRIVE the Viper and see how you like it. Let your test drive results and the price you'd have to pay be the deciding factor.

Oh, and +1 to whomever suggested CARFAX. That's a small price to pay to be certain of the car's history. It also might not hurt to have it taken to a 3rd-party Dodge dealer and have them inspect it. They will probably know the service history of the car, which would be good to know as well.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:44 AM
b_hollier
2nd Gear Member

Personally I would take the Vette. The orginal American Sports Car. The ride is great in the New C6. If you will be using it as a daily driver I would get one with the A6 paddle shift trans. A loaded 07 C6 Vert right now is only going for about $56k, with all the options. I have seen a few coupes go for around $43k. If you are considering a Vette PM me I could get you a very good dealership to buy from.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:57 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Vettes are great. The Viper is definatly a status symbol car.
Do to the probs with Vipers and its downright uncomfortableness.. I'd prolly pass unless I got in it for a test drive and fell in love with it.
Test drive the thing.
After that make your decision.
My father has an 07 vette.. Great car but it seems like only 50+ year old men buy em.
Now if you can find a GT500... I'd definatly go with that. You CAN find a GT500 for less than 10k over sticker.. I know that for a fact.. you just have to hunt..
If you are willing to put in about a week of searching around on the phone.. Id find the GT500.
If not.. Id go with the vette. That being said.. this opinion is based on what others have said of the Viper,not on what I know.

P.S. Carfax the thing definatly too.
Therefore I STRONGLY suggest that you take that Viper out for a spin yourself.
I would definatly check the car out before I completely passed on it.
You never know.. you may love it.
Just check it out.