Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm Addicted

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 05:09 AM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

Default RE: I'm Addicted

Welcome to our nightmare! What this really should be called is Hotel California. You can check out anytime you want[8D], but you can never leave![8D]
Old 12-05-2006, 12:04 PM
jay0heavenly
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: turbostang21

welcome...it only gets worse

Amen to that
Old 12-05-2006, 10:23 PM
Warlok
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: IStangedMyPants

Im real happy for you, and know exactly how you feel. Im 52 years old and also feel 16 again, so this is a very good thing! I have had my 07 GT "black with white stripes" & 5 speed manual for three months and have over 6000 miles on it and every one was AWSOME!

But you have even MORE to look forward to. It might not be concievable at the monent, but soon you will find out about Cold Air Intakes "CAI's if you dont know allready. Then there is the manditory performance tune to make the CAI really perform. I got mine as a lot of guys did at Brenspeed.com. You said you were not all that interested in cars "before" so you may or may not have had any thing with a lot of power and throttle responce before the Mustang.

The off idle throttle responce on our cars is not good as you may know too. Once the tune is done, and you do this your self with a hand held tuner pluged into the port under the dash on the left side of the steering collum, you will have a new 'monster". You will be running 93 octane if you have it where you live, or 91. There are three tunes in the tuner 87. 91 and 93 octane. You will be able to put it back to stock the same way if you want to. You can do all of this easy all by your self, no kidding.

With a good 30 extra horses, you will have very snappy throttle responce and it will be mean from idle to red line, no excuses. Big bonus is you will also get much better mileage if you can believe that! I have a lead foot, and get 20mpg in the city, and 27 on the highway running 80mph on cruise.

Welcome the the site man, your in good company.
Great post. I'm gathering tons of info here daily.

The way I have it figured is CAI is next (wife says for my b-day in june), a tune, and then I want to do something with the exhaust system.

I got away with just dropping in a K&N air filter (not the CAI) so that'll have to hold me until after the holidays. It's the first "real" car i've ever owned, so just getting over the thrill of the car's performance stock is going to keep me grinning for that long.

Best part of all - My dad finally has someone to BS with about cars! He just bought a new truck so I drove 30 minutes to his house so we could wash them together. He's itching for me to start modding so he can play too. Good family time with the old man and the ride there wasn't bad either.

On a sad note, a coworker who drives a yellow GT vert (a red headed lass) just got sideswiped on the highway by an uninsured driver (other drivers fault). She's pretty miserable and I can feel her pain, because its never the same after its been wrecked. I'll be knocking on wood all day (maybe another workers station wagon, HAR!)

Thanks for all the advice and support. I'm well on my way. I'll get pics of my first mods (couple of months) and i'm sure i'll have some humerous "learning" stories as I embark in this strange new world. Least I have my very mechanically inclined papa to keep me from screwing anything up to bad =)

Wow..you remind me of ME! Sir the fact you and your Father have now become that much closer, and you now have like interests that you will both get extreame fun out of was worth the price of the new GT in its self.

It just gets better from here.