Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brenspeed tunes

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 12:03 PM
schapman
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Brenspeed tunes

He will email tunes
Old 12-09-2006, 12:04 PM
jerseyblood
2nd Gear Member

Maybe it was from the cats, not sure. Thanks for the reply
Old 12-09-2006, 01:17 PM
markj
1st Gear Member

You could aways pull a plug and check the color. That's probably the easiest way to tell if things might be lean. Should be a light tan or brown. Any grey is a lean indication. Black would be too rich.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:26 PM
sweet99
4th Gear Member

You need to have software that is Windows Xp or better to use the tune Brent will email to you. I did not have that capability so I sent my tuner back and Brent deleted the 91 octane tune and put a 100 octane tune in it's place. A refund would be out as used electronics are usually non returnable. You could have richened the AFR yourself with the dyno. We can change the parameters to a certain extent. What octane tune are you using? It ran a 13.6 A/F ratio? I am quite sure you can change that yourself. What I want to know if anyone has done any datalogging? I cannot even find the software on the SCT site that I would need to download so I could have the SCT datalog and than read that info on a laptop. I registered there as they have a forum and i hope to find out what I need to do to do my own tuning. Like I said I will get a wideband so I can read the AFR's but timing, o2 voltages would be very helpful also. An AFR of 12.8-13.2 should be a good target, start rich(12.8) and lean it slowly until you get knock and then richen it a bit. Same with timing.
Brent will take care of you and the tuner is something you need to have. I got the feeling you were frustrated and wanted to return it. Let us know what he says and does. mark
Old 12-09-2006, 04:00 PM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

I would love to see how Doug's tune (B amaChips.com) would "look" from one of these Dynamo runs. I've heard nothing but good about them. Lately it seems that everyone that has "tested" the Brenspeed tunes say that they run lean.
Old 12-09-2006, 06:30 PM
sweet99
4th Gear Member

A dyno is a tuning tool. I read a test, 1 car, 6 dyno's, same city, same day, 6 different readings with a 30whp difference from the low to the highest. If tuning is to be done a wideband is of utmost importance since there are so many variables that can effect a tune. I plan to get one come spring. I know how it is because even when I was running the turbo talon there were guys doing all sorts of mods but spending $300. on something that did not directly make more power was difficult to buy. Mark
Old 12-09-2006, 09:18 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

umm. it is possible that the 93 tune may ping on ethanated 93 fuel. He has a 93 tune for 10% ethanol fuels that runs like a bear.

Brent is great. He will get it running right.

As far as dyno numbers are concerned. It is a great tuning aid. But the numbers are useless unless you have before and after figures on the same dyno.

And even then, I trust my butt o' meter first. Dyno second. If a mod puts a smile on my face and makes the car more fun. I am happy.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:42 PM
fl_799
1st Gear Member

Just make sure the new CAI is on real good. An air leak after the MAF will throw off the A/F into the 13's easily.

My box stock Brenspeed tune measured 12.8:1 at WOT using my daytona sensors wegoII wide band kit. No issues.

Old 12-11-2006, 03:05 AM
I8ACHEVY
2nd Gear Member

I don't know about Brenspeed running too lean all the time. I just got my tune last week and with both the 87 and 93 octane tunes, I actually think it's on the rich side. I have never had that deep 'emissions' smell before putting these tunes in. Now, I get it everytime I start the car up and let it sit idling for a couple of minutes. It's only been a week, so I will give it a chance for things to shake out. A couple of the guys here at work want to do a Dyno day, so I may get together wtih them at one of the local shops here and check things out. Would probably be worth it.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:36 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

I was had by brenspeed when they told me they update the tunes which is completely false. Second of all my tune came in at 12.2 a/f ratio. Third of all if I had to pick again I would had gone with diablosport because with the diablosport you can richen/lean undefinitively. With the sct I can only rich/lean it up to 6%. If I want more adjustability I will have to pay extra for the pro-racer package. All this has gotten the best of me already, I feel like a ping pong, going from the dyno to see that a/f is bad asking for tune update, then receiving tunes then paying again for dyno to have it updated again etc etc. Not to mention since he only sells the CCMV plates from steeda because ford racing wont cut him a price on the FRPP ones because they are already too many ford racing dealers he sells the steeda's only and recommends against them when I have seen only gains thruout the whole rpm range with cars on them installed.

Att. Andrew

Quick Reply: Brenspeed tunes