Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got a Citation

Old 12-23-2006, 05:01 AM
Drew47000000
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Got a Citation

If I ever get the "Will you please roll ur window up halfway" gig, im gonna try to outsmart the son of a gun jst for fun!! Im gunna pull the key out just enuff and crack the door open and shut it b4 he gets to my car so all the aux power will be off and act like the window button is broken. Although it sounds cheezy im thinking it might work, or atleast will be funny enough to laugh about later! LOL, Ive also thought about saying are windows only stay in a completly up or down position (with the auto up/down config) we might get away with it!!
Old 12-23-2006, 05:41 AM
bboren
2nd Gear Member

My wife says the mustang is a magnet. for people who open doors into it and cops that follow you around for no reasons.
the other day i was going right at the speed limit, and a cop came right up behind me and tailgated me for about half a mile and i didnt want to speed up because i was afraid he would pull me over. then finally he turned on a different street. that had my heart pumping pretty fast
Old 12-23-2006, 09:39 AM
nascarjunkie1
2nd Gear Member

Yeah they like doing crap like that, I just go the limit and hit the cruise to be safe, cause my foot just wants to get in it!!!!!
Old 12-23-2006, 11:31 AM
Mike521
2nd Gear Member

guys be a little realistic here. we're all bitching about getting more police attention, but did anyone notice the thread right next to this one "what's the fastest you've ever driven your mustang"?
most people are responding back with 95+ mph, many around 130. It's no accident that cops pay attention to sports cars. The fact is, a lot of mustang drivers fit the stereotype of someone who's going to drive faster than he/she knows how, and get in an accident and hurt themselves and maybe others

and the ticket the original poster got is the best ticket you can get, it's a fix-it ticket. Everyone makes out on that deal. The cop gets to write a ticket so it doesn't look like he was sitting on his *** all day, and you never have to pay the ticket because you just have to get the problem fixed.
Old 12-23-2006, 11:42 AM
RED121572
4th Gear Member

Hmmmm....sorry to hear about your bad luck. Every knows thereare laws regarding tint. Some of us tint the crap out of their windows anyway. Me, Im not any better. Right now, I have flows with an off road h pipe. My car is loud is hell as well as illegal. Sure, I know Im breaking the law andIt will catch up with me sooner or later.
Old 12-23-2006, 09:09 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

I feel for you guy's.............

My town on the other hand is quite different. Hot rods everywhere during the warmer day'sand plenty of cool people, even the cops are cool. Get an ocasional thumbs up from them. But then again, i dont break the law (When there watchin anyways) LOL. Maybe because im older? Look more responsable? Im sure they see a really young person in a mustang, there thinkin they are up to some no good and thats when they (Cop's) notice the tint and the sound ect....My old guy look must be keepin me out of trouble? Well my daughters tell me im old, LOL. Paybacks going to be a Bit _ _ at Christmas for them......

Have a great one all!
Old 12-23-2006, 09:24 PM
Rt1Rebel
3rd Gear Member

I don't quite understand the appeal of tint to begin with. I know it 'protects' the interior and keeps it cooler in extreme sun states, but those benefits are neglegible when the cost, hassle,and legal repercussions are considered. I don't think it makes a car look any better, and it decreases visibility. Additionally, I like to be seen driving my car. To each theirs, I guess.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:06 AM
Drivesthebeast
2nd Gear Member

I used to have 20% all-around on my focus, which was considered illegal here in Ontario. Thing is, ifa cop tried to pull me over and give me a ticket for the tint being too dark, I'd do the following...

Request that we go to the cop shop and look at all of the unmarked cars, and the SUV cop vehicles there that have 20% or darker tints on them, and then ask why mine is illegal, and there's is not. You aren't going to run a double standard for me...even when they say "its because they like seeing who's in your car sir", then I'll tell them I wish I could see who is in THEIR vehicle. Also, I payed taxes on the materials and labour for the install, as well as had it installed by a liscenced and approved installation facility/shop...that also makes it legal.

I could go on more about tints and exhaust and other stuff, but you all get the point, and have brought it up...if you know the rules and back holes/doors to stuff, the cops will let you walk...
Old 12-24-2006, 01:15 AM
Rt1Rebel
3rd Gear Member

Request that we go to the cop shop and look at all of the unmarked cars, and the SUV cop vehicles there that have 20% or darker tints on them, and then ask why mine is illegal, and there's is not. You aren't going to run a double standard for me...even when they say "its because they like seeing who's in your car sir", then I'll tell them I wish I could see who is in THEIR vehicle. Also, I payed taxes on the materials and labour for the install, as well as had it installed by a liscenced and approved installation facility/shop...that also makes it legal.

I could go on more about tints and exhaust and other stuff, but you all get the point, and have brought it up...if you know the rules and back holes/doors to stuff, the cops will let you walk...
I call bull****. Maybe in Canada, but it sounds like a good way to get yourself another ticket for anything the cop wants to make up on the spot.. I've never ever had a run-in with a cop that responds wellwhen his authority and legitimacy is called into question.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:41 AM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Well from the cops point of view, imagine pulling someone over and standing outside a car with tint where you can't see the occupants. You could be dealing with some bad people. For all he knows he's got 4 guys with automatic weapons pointing at his face. Picture yourself in that position. Cops are human and have fears but they have to overcome it. Some overcome it by acting tough and don't appreciate a smartass.

Well I'm done... speech over.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Got a Citation