Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got a Citation

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 11:13 PM
nascarjunkie1
2nd Gear Member

Default Got a Citation

Got my my Citation today from an Arkansas State Trooper. He didn't have a thing better to do, we were goin g in oppistite directions adn he wiped around in front of traffic to pull me over, Not speeding or anything. I rolled down my window and he told me to roll it back up half way and he got out his computer tint reading piece of crap and told me my windows where to dark, he said 12%, and I said "no sir they are 20%"!! It was Raining dark outside and he keep asking me how old I was and what year my car was ( 4 times) I guess to see if I was drinking or not, didn't get a ticket thou. Called my shop while he was writing the ticket and he's gonna redo my windows for $70 bucks, then Ive got to go to city hall and get them checked after I have them tinted. Then some a$$hole ricer drove by with his Subaru, Racing his engine and had limo tint on his acting as A$$ and I said to the Officer, "would you look at that" and he said I'm gonna deal with him later, and I thought why the hell not now, its the perfect time, your ink pen is warmed up from writing mine....Oh Well[sm=sigh.gif]
Old 12-21-2006, 11:28 PM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Got a Citation

don't cops have to give out a certain amount of tickets per month or they get in trouble?

still, that's pretty lame. hes just jealous of your stang, which looks great by the way
Old 12-21-2006, 11:30 PM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

Didn't you know the law and the legal tint limits?
Old 12-21-2006, 11:33 PM
Ry05Stang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rupp

Didn't you know the law and the legal tint limits?
Agree... just be glad it wasnt a speeding ticket and then a tint citation on top of that
Old 12-22-2006, 12:19 AM
notsotipykal
1st Gear Member

why go after the other guy when he has you right in front of him???
and there is no "quota"--basically, whatever the watch commander wants that day or week is what you go out and enforce--lately, in chicago, its been curfew violations--if the W.C. says "guys, we haven't gotten and juve's in awhile"-that means, go out and get curfew violators
Old 12-22-2006, 01:19 AM
discofan
2nd Gear Member

Most COPs in my city think they are GODS!!!

I had tint on my 1991 Couger XR7 for over ten years. Only got stopped once by an older COP (grey hair and beer belly) when it was raining (go figure)...

I got a ticket for the tint so I went to court with a made up receipt which I got at the office supply store...

Greased it up a little to make it look authentic and wrote on it that the tint was removed by a local mechanic at a price of $50.00...

The judge looks at it andI gotoff...

Never DID remove my tint and NEVER got stopped again!!!

That COP has probably retired by now... But the moral to my story is that COPs can and will stop you for any, little thing if they want to...

In my city all the high end cars (Mercedes, Porsches, Vettes) have tinted windows...

The COPs look the other way when they drive down the street because if the COPs gave all of them tickets, you would not see tinted windows in t he city...

Good Luck, Dave
Old 12-22-2006, 02:02 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Tint is a bit@% but what you going to do if you want a dark tint you may have to pay for it!
Old 12-22-2006, 02:36 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Sucks man! I have a yellow stang with limo tint and the cops here in socal dont bother me at all. Guess I'm lucky & I hope that it stays that way.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:34 AM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

I had a light tint on my old Saturn, never got stopped for the window tint. Cops always stopped me for the exhaust.

I had one time that a cop pulled me over, said, "The exhaust has been modified. It's illegal."

"Why is it illegal, officer?"

"Because it's louder than stock."

"Officer, the state law on exhaust noise is 93 decibels at a distance of 15'. My car is well under that limit; when I race at Qualcomm Stadium in Autocross, they have a noise limitation of the same limit. I've never been told there that my car is too loud. Also, Governor Schwarzenegger signed into law a provision that if a citation is issued for noise on an exhaust, the owner of said vehicle can take it to the state approved station and have the exhaust tested for that noise limit - for free, provided a citation has been issued. The nearest one is in Huntington Beach, per the list and article I happen to have here from Sport Compact Car...Would you care to read it?"

The officer just looked at me and said, "Get out of here."

Old 12-22-2006, 04:45 AM
papichulo71487
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sprzout

I had a light tint on my old Saturn, never got stopped for the window tint. Cops always stopped me for the exhaust.

I had one time that a cop pulled me over, said, "The exhaust has been modified. It's illegal."

"Why is it illegal, officer?"

"Because it's louder than stock."

"Officer, the state law on exhaust noise is 93 decibels at a distance of 15'. My car is well under that limit; when I race at Qualcomm Stadium in Autocross, they have a noise limitation of the same limit. I've never been told there that my car is too loud. Also, Governor Schwarzenegger signed into law a provision that if a citation is issued for noise on an exhaust, the owner of said vehicle can take it to the state approved station and have the exhaust tested for that noise limit - for free, provided a citation has been issued. The nearest one is in Huntington Beach, per the list and article I happen to have here from Sport Compact Car...Would you care to read it?"

The officer just looked at me and said, "Get out of here."

Man that had me laughing for a while

Quick Reply: Got a Citation