Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drove My Mustang in Grandfather's funeral

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 02:08 AM
Country1969
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Drove My Mustang in Grandfather's funeral

No problem NIck.
Love to share stories with everyone. My grandfather kept to himsellf over the years. He lived with my aunt and uncle for the last 20 + years. He loved watching tv and playing his accordin in his little bedroom. In the summer, he used to come outside and sit on the deck here and there. When my wife and I used to go over their house, he used to come out and chat with us.
My wife has been going to beauty school (hair and nail) at nights from 5 - 9pm for approx. 1 1/2 years and works full time and gets off every other weekend. I work full time and watch my 7 year old son when I'm home. This past summer we went on vacation for a week to Nashville,TN. We live in Wilkes-Barre,PA. I drove the mustang down there for a road trip. We didnt get to see my grandfather to much and now I'm sorry we didnt.It happened so fast. It makes you think twice about spending time with your family and not fighting with relatives about stupid things. Enjoy your kids growing up and the hell with working all the time and don't let bills stress you out.

But my grandfather,treated me well over the years. I used to run up the hill for him when I was younger to the local store. He used to give me some change for going. When you are young any change you get was alot. As I got older, he sometimes call me to the side and ask to borrow money. He said he would give me it back when he got his check in the mail plus a few bucks extra. I would give it to him. He would return the money within no time and I trusted him. I would say just give me what you borrow nothing extra. But he would demand i take it for helping him out. He never talked bad or run my wife and son down or anybody in the family.

On the other hand, my grandmother, his ex would do so. They were married when I was younger than seperated and finally divorced. He never ran her down and just kept to himself. She is the total opposite of her. She is greedy and thinks about money all the time. She never had any love in her heart for any men. She will run you down to your face. Everytime time you talk to her after not seeing her for sometime , she will bring up something that pertains to money. Like my 2005 Mustang, she would say, you must be making good money to get a brand new car. Instead of saying ,nice car, I am happy for you.

My grandfather was happy for me and respected me for who I was. It's ashame that my wife cried more for my grandfather than his own grandchildren (my sister,my niece) and few other people. My grandfather loved my wife like his own grandchild. Of course we were all family. But I know my grandfather is watching over us and he knows who was there for his final goodbye.

In the spring, I will have to take the Mustang, my wife and son to his gravesite for a visit. It's not all about the Mustang , its more aboutthe respect he showed towards me having a beautiful car and the loved he showed us.

I am sorry that this thread is about my grandfather but it was a statement that I wanted to share with all of you guys.
And I feel proud that I had the chance to drive the mustang in his funeral.

Life goes on and he would want us to do so. He's gone but not forgotten.

Let the Mustangs run free like our souls after death.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:11 AM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

Dude that really sucks that your grandfather died on Christmas Eve. I know it's not really ont he saem level but my dog died on Christmas Eve 4 years ago. But I'm sure your grandfather would have been very proud of you with driving the Stang in the procession line. Hope you feel better soon.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:33 AM
dskyline
1st Gear Member

Your Grandfather would have been proud of you,
[sm=smiley20.gif] Country1969 [sm=smiley20.gif]
The memories you have of him will live forever, even of the mud.
Just remember that he is in a better place and watching over you.
God Bless him for lovin you and giving you the respect you deserve. A lot of younger and older do not respect each other because they do not take the time just to talk to each other. MOST people are good, but are afraid to show it, might be a sign of weekness.
Thank you for sharing this with us and as you stated,
"Life goes on..."
RESPECT EACH OTHER
Old 01-03-2007, 03:54 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

Sorry to hear of your grandfather's passing especially during the holidays. If it had been my grandfather I dont think I would have done it any different either. What a way to honor the one you love!!! BIG KUDOS TO YOU!!!! [sm=smiley20.gif]