Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electronic Throttle Response

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 12:47 AM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Electronic Throttle Response

I was just talking about that with hubby tonight!!! I have the C&L CAI/SCT Xcal and it didnt make any different with the lag but then againI havent had on the dyno yet. Im working on it but it hasnt happen yet. I too am wondering if I will ever be able to get rid of that or even improve it!!! It is a big drag to want to nail it and go and I just cant pull it out of her!! Its like a tease to give a taste of what you "could" have!!
Old 01-10-2007, 01:21 AM
RUFDRAFT
3rd Gear Member

Okay. Here's the solution. Go to:

http://www.fastlanemotorsports.us/UHome.asp

They are known all over the Southeast as the Place to get your Mustang "Right."

Call and speak to Caleb. He's the dyno-tune Wizard. He'll gladly answer your questions on this.

Check out the videos on their website. They make Mustangs run as fast as your checkbook will allow.

Ruf -

[IMG]local://upfiles/54696/722D6F674F5346F5975826AEC8E67CE2.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-10-2007, 10:59 AM
shaners90lxhatch
3rd Gear Member

Okay...so they are a mustang tuner. I want someone to prove to me that an aftermarket company can adjust the throttle response. I just don't think it can happen
Old 01-10-2007, 11:37 AM
sst06vert
2nd Gear Member

so there is no solution for the throttle lag?
Old 01-10-2007, 11:45 AM
GTJUNKIE
2nd Gear Member

I put a CAI and a Brenspeed tune on my 07 GT and the lag is all but gone and the car runs fine I have an auto.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:51 AM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

Now mine did improve with my C&L/SCT but it dang sure didnt go away. Because the throttle response is produced by a wire instead of a cable, I just dont know if you could ever "eliminate" this issue. I do wish Ford would have designed that function to allow the owner to adjust or modify but Im sure there were reasons for the current design. Still blows though!
Old 01-10-2007, 01:33 PM
shaners90lxhatch
3rd Gear Member

Anyone have the technical assistance number for their tuner handy? I want to call some of these cal designers and specifically ask if this is a function of their product. PLEASE help me out, I really want to know what the truth is here.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:53 PM
gidyup
2nd Gear Member

For me, the Brenspeed tune improved throttle response significantly when accelerating.

When decelerating there is no improvement. I grew up driving sports cars (no, my parents weren't rich - they just liked cars) and pride myself on not having to use the brakes all the time but rather down shifting to adjust speed before corners and on hills. With this car I might as well have an automatic when coming into an "S" corner.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:19 PM
shaners90lxhatch
3rd Gear Member

According to Brenspeed, they have allegedly taken care of the throttle response lag. The guy I talked to couldn't give me details, but the guy that designs the calibrations is going to call me back. In the meantime I am going to call my calibrators and see if these people are blowing smoke. I will keep you all in the loop.....
Old 01-10-2007, 02:33 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: shaners90lxhatch

Okay...so they are a mustang tuner. I want someone to prove to me that an aftermarket company can adjust the throttle response. I just don't think it can happen
I have purchased two different products from SCT for tuning mustangs and both have helped with the throttle response. If you are at all experienced with buying these products you would know what we are talking about.

I don't know how they do it, I'm not a computer geek. Ford purposely put programing into the new mustang to close the throttle body blade during shifting to save gas and put less wear and tear on parts. MMFF had a good article about it when the S197 first came out. The guys at SCT were able to eliminate this function, giving the driver more control.

Throttle response is not an urban myth.

Quick Reply: Electronic Throttle Response