Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SER vs GT

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 12:30 PM
2oo5stang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: SER vs GT

Yesterday some Sentra SE-R tried messing with me, blew him away in 3rd like he was nothing, funny.
Some of the civic or sentra or altima guys think that what they have is fast, cause they've probably never rode in a fast V8 car. I know someone that grew up with civics, bought a civic and thought it was fast. He got to drive my other friends 96 TA and almost crashed it and said he didn't know it had that much power. So that goes to show you.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:04 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Jay 0heavely- the fool talking all the **** isn't my friend -- F that fool! He is just some guy on a nissan forum- his profile says thats he is 18 and that his occupation is mama's boy. I do agree about his sig though -- sounds like thegood ol muscle has destroyed him a few times. I told him to change his sig to NISSAN= Need I say something about nothing!
Old 01-11-2007, 01:07 PM
jay0heavenly
3rd Gear Member

^^^ oh my bad[&:], sorry to take it out on you...lol
Old 01-11-2007, 01:32 PM
gidyup
2nd Gear Member

Last summer a late 60's muscle car (can't remember exactly what it was now) and I were playing. It was pretty early and almost no traffic was on the road. I had come up behind him on the highway. When he saw me in the rearview he punched it. Of course I did the same and started catching up quickly. He backed off and moved over so I dropped her into 3rd and flew by. He tried to keep up but fell back several car lengths.

I backed off and let him catch up to give him a wave whenall of sudden a new Altima that we had passed along the way races up beside us like he wanted to play too. At this point though we had caught up with a pack of cars so neither of us took the bait but when he pulled up along side I started laughing and I'm sure if the other guy saw what was going on he did too.

Old 01-11-2007, 02:51 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Even with the weight advantage which isn't much the mustng is a torquey V-8 that like to run...I hardly doubt the ser would win even to a stock GT
ORIGINAL: KTownGT

ORIGINAL: Moses 05GT

yeah it is a 3.5 V6 -- I just dont see it taking a 05 & up GT... now when you put it in the light of a vert with bald tires and 500 pounds in the back then maybe close... still the GT I say
I dunno, the SE-R would have a less weight in it then( like 700 lbs) and the way better torque curve of our stangs wouldn't be able to make up... But slap on a CAI, Tune, an Long tubes and you have no worries

All these ricers seem to forget about this one saying, "Horsepower sells cars, but torque wins races." I got in a HUUGE argument, I mean about to throw a punch or two, about what is more important... My friend who drives an 06 civic was talking about how much better the Si's engine was than the mustangs 4.6 3v. He was talking about how it almost beats our cars in the quarter mile and how it has 200 hp!!!

I just calmly replied, yea 200 HP an no torque, no ***** factor, no sound factor(sounds like crap), no style, etc. [8D]
Old 01-11-2007, 03:22 PM
sarNz
2nd Gear Member

my honda gets 28 mpg city yo! once v-tec kicks in it goes 0-speed limit in about 7 seconds (school zone).

sure for a college student with no current job, its practical, it gets its job done, at least its black, and the donut is in the trunk.
would i get a job just to pay for gas mileage on a mustang?

absolutely

hope you smoke that nissan, the ONLY import i will ever turn my head for is the 350z. they look slick and sound so smooth.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:51 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

I wont be racing him no time soon seeing as I'm in Ca and he is in NJ.... wish that I was closer so that I could race him though... I think that he has a 06 maxima anyway... I have no clue if he is stock or not but I dont care cause Im not so I aint scared.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:42 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

I have no problem giving props to fast imports if theyre tastefully done and dont look like you built them from scrap yard parts with 12 different cars spliced into one. 350s, 300s, Supras and Skylines are among a few that Id acknowledge. Theres also a few European cars that are pretty quick. Id still take a beastly V8 over any of those, any day though.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:50 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

ORIGINAL: mygt500

Even with the weight advantage which isn't much the mustng is a torquey V-8 that like to run...I hardly doubt the ser would win even to a stock GT
ORIGINAL: KTownGT

ORIGINAL: Moses 05GT

yeah it is a 3.5 V6 -- I just dont see it taking a 05 & up GT... now when you put it in the light of a vert with bald tires and 500 pounds in the back then maybe close... still the GT I say
I dunno, the SE-R would have a less weight in it then( like 700 lbs) and the way better torque curve of our stangs wouldn't be able to make up... But slap on a CAI, Tune, an Long tubes and you have no worries

All these ricers seem to forget about this one saying, "Horsepower sells cars, but torque wins races." I got in a HUUGE argument, I mean about to throw a punch or two, about what is more important... My friend who drives an 06 civic was talking about how much better the Si's engine was than the mustangs 4.6 3v. He was talking about how it almost beats our cars in the quarter mile and how it has 200 hp!!!

I just calmly replied, yea 200 HP an no torque, no ***** factor, no sound factor(sounds like crap), no style, etc. [8D]
You missed the butt of that joke... I said a vert + auto + 500 lbs of crack in the trunk + bald tires. That would be a close race [sm=icon_rofl.gif]