Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Now it's a WIGGLY noise!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 10:16 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Now it's a WIGGLY noise!!!

ORIGINAL: Riven02

What the hell does a wiggle sound like??
Hummm...may be we are wiggly-impaired and we don't know what it sounds like, because I was just wondering the same as I was reading this post...
Old 01-24-2007, 12:07 AM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

This is a long shot, but it could possibly be the rubberized bracket that the metal hanger fits into. I'm probably not describing this correctly, but metal rods coming off of the mufflers slide through and rest on two rubber cradle-type brackets. When I put pressure on either of my mufflers, I can hear the rubber make some noise. You could try spraying somw WD40 on the rubber parts and see if the sound goes away.

I don't know about everyone else, but my stingers don't seem to be really "tightly" mounted. What is frustrating is that the pipe clamps are very tight, and the mufflers are tightly connected to the exhaust pipe, but there seems to be a fair amount of play/movement up/down/side-to-side, even with both metal hangers slid through the rubber pieces. Is there anything to be done to stop them from bobbing around on the end of the tailpipe? I have a nice "gong" from somewhere back there when I got over larger bumps, but I can't find anything more to tighten up!

Anyway, sorry to get off topic/steal away the thread. Good luck. I'm still not sure what a "wiggly" noise is, either
Old 01-24-2007, 06:03 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

Very good points...HyproManGT!!!

When I say wiggly...

It sort of sounds like the the metal rods that slide through the rubber cradle-type brackets are movingup and downand making some kind of looseslight squeakynoise.

I went and checked that rubber bracket the other dayand low and behold...it's very loose. I'm almost positive that's my problem. It's too cold to actually fix it, but I think some tightening and Loc-Tite should do the trick. HyproManGT - maybe this is your problem too!!
Old 01-24-2007, 10:18 PM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mAnYsTyLeS

When I say wiggly...

It sort of sounds like the the metal rods that slide through the rubber cradle-type brackets are movingup and downand making some kind of looseslight squeakynoise.

I went and checked that rubber bracket the other dayand low and behold...it's very loose. I'm almost positive that's my problem. It's too cold to actually fix it, but I think some tightening and Loc-Tite should do the trick. HyproManGT - maybe this is your problem too!!
Hmmm...when you say "loose", are you talking about where the bracket is bolting to the car, or is the rubber insert loose inside of the metal bracket?

Happy to have helped!
Old 01-25-2007, 12:49 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

I'm going to have to check on that. All I know is that I grabbed that black rubber piece and there was a lot of movement.

ORIGINAL: HypromanGT

ORIGINAL: mAnYsTyLeS

When I say wiggly...

Hmmm...when you say "loose", are you talking about where the bracket is bolting to the car, or is the rubber insert loose inside of the metal bracket?

Happy to have helped!