Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had to tow my 06 GT Vert TWICE!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 09:16 PM
dsteber

Default Had to tow my 06 GT Vert TWICE!

Here is the deal: I have a DeMolet tunable induction system with the SCT II tuner. I installed this back in October. The car has been awesome!! I started noticing a little problem with the fuel gauge. Plus, we had other little minor things that we needed fixed, so I brought it to my dealer. I did not change it back to stock because I did not think they had to mess with the computer. WRONG!!! They fixed everything with the car, but failed to tell me that they updated or adjusted settings or files in the car's computer. While driving home, it did not feel the same. So I figured they might have changed something. No problem. I have my SCT II!! I reloaded John's 93 Octane tune, went to start the car---NOTHING!! It would turn over, but would not start. I called John, and he had never heard of this happening. I then changed it back to stock, had it towed back to Ford, and they fixed it. Like a dummy, I had to try to load the tuner again. Need I say what happened next? Yep, wouldn't start. Towed back to Ford. In the meantime I called SCT, and they explained that if they changed ANYTHING from the ORIGINAL stock file that was saved on the SCT, it would not run because certain modules would not be able to communicate. I had to explain to my dealer what the problem was. Of course they charged me $202.00 to flash the computer back. They could not use their portable one---it would not program the computer. They had to use the "big" one to force it to take the program. Since the last file I put on the car was aftermarket, and not stock, SCT has to redo the tuner, then send it back to John to reload his tunes. At this point, my wife doesn't want me to program it again, for fear that it will not start again. Of course now with a new stock file loaded, the engine light is on and it's running lean. I only hope that whatever "updates" Ford did, it will be ok when I program it again, once the SCT is redone. I wanted to share this with ya'll just in case I was not the only one who did not know.

See ya.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:23 PM
07AlloyGT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Had to tow my 06 GT Vert TWICE!

man, ANYTIME you take your car to the dealership, reflash to stock. you have no idea what they need to do to fix any problem. any sort of calibrations in the computer module to repair your fuel sensor, etc.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:28 PM
dsteber

Default RE: Had to tow my 06 GT Vert TWICE!

HOWEVER,

Even if I would have changed it back to stock, it would have done the same thing, according to SCT. Since they changed or updated certain modules, that made it different than the stock file on the tuner. I would have never known that it would do this, until this experience. If I would have changed it back to stock before the second tow, then SCT or John could have sent me a file to put on the SCT to unlock it like it was new. Since the last code loaded was an aftermarket, SCT has to do something to it. So basically, whenever it goes to the shop, even if I do change it back to stock, they will have to let me know if they hook it up to the computer.