Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Paxton from Brenspeed!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 09:29 AM
tom281
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Installed Paxton from Brenspeed!!!!!!!!

Just depends on your opinion of what's better. A turbo can make more torque which most will tell you is "better" or "more fun" on the street; but you'll also have a harder time hooking up. With 303/318 naat the wheels on my car, I want it to drive just like it does now until I get to the upper RPM range, so that the pull doesn't always come on at 2500 rpm.

That's just me thow- others may think that having boost and huge torque down low is fun for everyday use.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:14 AM
troyclemens
1st Gear Member

that is the nice thing about this kit. At the lower rpms, and cruising around, it's great. But you can still tell a huge difference from before just do to brent's tune and the denser air comer from the inter cooler. The throttle response is unbelievable. That is what i disliked most about the car, was the lagging throttle, but he tunned that all away.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:19 AM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

does it whine? or is it pretty quiet?
Old 01-31-2007, 10:26 AM
troyclemens
1st Gear Member

no, it really doesn't whine, it's actually pretty quiet. When you get on it, and it starts making boost, you really don't hear any whine, the engine opens up and is breathing so much more, you are just kinda taken back by the overall sound of the engine, if that makes sense. It is very similar i guess to nitrous cars i have had. The engine doesn't rev and higher, it just pumps so much more air, it sound pretty impressive!!!!!
Old 01-31-2007, 12:25 PM
xbone
3rd Gear Member

Smoke a Vette or one of those clowns in an AMG Mecedes, that is worth the price alone.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:38 PM
RED121572
4th Gear Member

If you guys are attempting top speed runs, let me know in advance so I wont be on the roads.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:30 PM
Rudiepoo1
1st Gear Member

Great details on the kit. I've been looking at this kit for a while now. Some many choices.....
Old 04-05-2007, 03:18 PM
Airdogg

I also have this kit on my 06 gt 5spd and OMG this kit is ridiculous. I ordered this kit from brenspeed and Had it installed at J&J performance. With the tune that brenspeed sent me it put 439 horsepoweron the dyno and 400tq they ran it one more time with a mild tune and it put 460 horsepower and 413tq to the wheels. I like the kit more than the roots system because the power is only there when you want it and it is not always in boost which is a constant drain on your engine. I love this kit and cannot say enough good things about Brenspeed and their service i will continue to buy everything that i need from them.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:37 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: troyclemens

i really do not know about the 0-60 times. My wife still has stock tires and it just eats them alive. It will literally get sideways in the first 3 gears. I can tell you from 60 to 100 is almost instant, and we were going 100 on the interstate today, and when i punch it, it still jump up underneat and we were at 135, but had to stop.

I am pretty new to this mustang stuff, but have done a lot of mods for her lately. I do know fast although, i currently have an 8 second camaro, and have had many cars. I would say this is definately and 11 second car, with slicks and convertor, probably low 11's. Thats my guess. But as for a street car, the thing is awesome. I can't say enough about the guys at brenspeed. They do a terrific job.
Mine will have the Vorech V2-SQnon-intercooled one finished by Monday, you're making me drool having to wait! Congrats on getting boosted!!
Old 04-05-2007, 05:46 PM
hogpowr
3rd Gear Member

It sounds like they,(after-market), have worked out the problems with boosting the 3v motor. When I first got my GT there were alot of horror stories of thrown rods,broken pistons,and etc. Now you guys have me thinking I need a supercharger,...................

Quick Reply: Installed Paxton from Brenspeed!!!!!!!!