Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new blower!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 01:17 AM
Drew47000000
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: My new blower!!

Im SHOCKED to see some of you buying into this scam!! I really hope you are joking!! Because if your not I think ill come up with my own blower... hm... It wil be called... The Kenne Bell H.O. II!!!And mine will only cost 79.99 and it will produce an additional 100 H.P. at the wheels in any vehicle you instal it in..Even geo metro's!![&:]
Old 02-01-2007, 01:20 AM
mustangman2424
I ♥ Acer

LOL I bet you that within the next month some guy puts up a leaf blower and say it comes with duct tape to install it on your intake................the sad part is that somebody will buy it.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:54 AM
roothog69
1st Gear Member

So that's how you supercharge a Honda, I always wondered how they added extra HP. I wonder if I get the wife's hairdryer and duct tape..............................
Old 02-01-2007, 10:22 AM
SRT_what
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Drew47000000

Im SHOCKED to see some of you buying into this scam!! I really hope you are joking!! Because if your not I think ill come up with my own blower... hm... It wil be called... The Kenne Bell H.O. II!!!And mine will only cost 79.99 and it will produce an additional 100 H.P. at the wheels in any vehicle you instal it in..Even geo metro's!! [&:]
HAHAHA, don't worry Drew... it was meant to be a joke. I'm picking up my longtubes and cai/tune today. Not an electric supercharger
Old 02-01-2007, 11:33 AM
RED121572
4th Gear Member

Yea, thats just where that p.o.s. belongs too, in a Honda.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:42 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

but seriously, why hasnt anyone made something similar to a turbo or supcharger ran off a variable speed 12v dc motor? being electric there HAS to be a way to tie it into the car so it spools up as the engine rpms increase.

think about it, no HP loss from the motor having to drive the unit, and it would be a hell of alot cheaper to produce than whats available for us now...... take the ebay idea and improve upon it....... am i onto the next great invention?
Old 02-01-2007, 12:53 PM
swata
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: my77stang

but seriously, why hasnt anyone made something similar to a turbo or supcharger ran off a variable speed 12v dc motor? being electric there HAS to be a way to tie it into the car so it spools up as the engine rpms increase.

think about it, no HP loss from the motor having to drive the unit, and it would be a hell of alot cheaper to produce than whats available for us now...... take the ebay idea and improve upon it....... am i onto the next great invention?
But what about messing with the air flow and creating turbulance. Wouldn't that mess with the sensors and crap...not that this isn't a scam but just for theory purposes??
Old 02-01-2007, 02:16 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

I've seen stuff like this tested, they claim you can use more than one and mount them in series for better results, but yeah, if they're only on at WOT then the fan blades would be restrictive the rest of the time. I know i've seen one tested in an auto mag somewhere.

BTW, speaking of leafblowers,did anyone ever that vid of those guys on a dyno who did hook up a leaf blower to their import? They even went on to spray a NOS bottle into the intake of the leafblower which then blew it into the cars intake.LOLOLOL It did work, but you just gotta get someone to lay under your hood holding the bottle in one hand and the blower in the other while you race on cruise nights.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:25 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

what i am picturing in my mind is something IDENTICAL to lets say.... a turbo.

instead of the exhaust gases making the turbine spin to create boost, have that turbine powered by a variable speed electric motor, which would increase speed as the engine revved (just like a turbo would)

im not talking 2-3 psi boost, im talking the same level of boost you;d get from a normal turbo. maybe 10 psi or so.

in all honesty, with the drive by wire and ecm controlling every aspect of the motor i believe there would be more control over an electric device than a exhaust driven unit.

someone tell me why this isnt in production already?
Old 02-01-2007, 02:36 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

The worst part of that thing......is someone will actually buy it...

Sucker born everyday..

Quick Reply: My new blower!!