Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSB repairs and Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia dealers

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 11:18 PM
Silencer06
2nd Gear Member

Location: Raised in Chicago; living near St. Louis in Troy, IL
Default TSB repairs and Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia dealers

Got a question mostly for Stang ownersin the Tacoma area, but I guess anyone can answer and give their thoughts too.

First of all, for the Washington folks, is there a dealer around here that does NOT give you problems about getting TSB repairs accomplished? If so, which dealership do you recommend?

Secondly, forANY owner who has had theirfuel pump replaced per TSB 06-9-9, what do you suggest I do topersuadea dealership to replace the pump on my car WITHOUT forcing me to leave it with them so they can endlessly drive it around town trying to "duplicate the problem"?

Quick story: I just took my car to All-Star Ford in Olympia to ask about getting the fuel pump replaced because I've experienced theperiodic hesitation after long drives that so many people have experienced. In theprocess, the service guytold me I needed to leave the car with them so they could drive it around andtry to duplicate the problem before they would fix it, so I went round and roundwith himabout NOTwanting to leave itsosome goober cangleefully romp around town with my babyfor miles and miles. I told himthe hesitation I experience DOES NOT happen often enough for themto duplicate itandprove there's aproblem while they're driving it, and despite me telling him I know theTSB exists and I know it only calls for diagnostics to be done to pinpoint the problem in the fuel pump, he insisted I leave the carwith them to drive it before they would do any repairs/replacement.....so I friggin' left!!

Soooo, I'm curious if any of you have had your fuel pumps replaced without experiencing similar hasslesfromdealers around here, and if not, which dealership is most accomodating?

Thanks,
Nick
Old 02-07-2007, 11:38 AM
06VistaBlueGT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: TSB repairs and Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia dealers

I had the fuel pump tsb performed on mine. They didn't drive my car around, I think there is a serial number breakdown or something they can go by to determine if your fuel pump falls in the defective category.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:59 PM
lugnut
1st Gear Member

I have not had any work done to my Stang by these guys (no need to so far, knock on wood) But with past cars, I have had good luck working with Riverside Ford in Sumner or Korum Ford in Puyallup. Korum is also a local Saleen dealer so they may cater more to the mustang owners then Riverside. But I think most dealers are going to want to try and duplicate the problem. I think its an obligation issue to the manufacture so they are not doing work that may not be needed and charge Ford for the work. And considering Fords financial problem’s right now I am sure Ford is scrutinizing every thing the dealers do.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:01 AM
jonpo
2nd Gear Member

I took mine in twice. The first time, they told me it was fixed, and it was not. I took it in again and complained. 2 days later I had a new fuel pump--no quesitons asked. I guess I go tlucky on that one.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:05 PM
Silencer06
2nd Gear Member

Looking for a little advice here guys, so bump. Doesn't matter if you're from Washington or not. What I'm mostlyseeking is some goodadviceon how I can get Ford to do the fuel pump TSB work without keeping the car for several days to "drive it around". The TSB says they only need to do diagnostics, so have any of you been able to persuade your dealer to do that without having to drive the damn thing around?

Thanks!
Old 02-09-2007, 10:07 PM
Silencer06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lugnut

I have not had any work done to my Stang by these guys (no need to so far, knock on wood) But with past cars, I have had good luck working with Riverside Ford in Sumner or Korum Ford in Puyallup. Korum is also a local Saleen dealer so they may cater more to the mustang owners then Riverside. But I think most dealers are going to want to try and duplicate the problem. I think its an obligation issue to the manufacture so they are not doing work that may not be needed and charge Ford for the work. And considering Fords financial problem’s right now I am sure Ford is scrutinizing every thing the dealers do.
Thanks for the info. I'll talk to the guys at Korum and see how they treat me. Much appreciated.