Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer "Make-It-Right" Concessions - What Have You Gotten?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 08:01 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Dealer "Make-It-Right" Concessions - What Have You Gotten?

ok cool, see why couldnt the dealer tell me that?
Old 02-19-2007, 08:06 PM
xbone
3rd Gear Member

I tell my dealers mechanics whats wrong and how to fix my car, they are generally stupid.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:14 PM
rutus
1st Gear Member

depends on the dealer. i had my 350 in with @25000 miles and they replaced the rear window because one of the bars on the slider was discoloured. i was going to buy just the bar to replace and they replaced the entire unit under warranty.as long as its under warranty still they will pretty much replace anything thats not perfect unless you damaged it.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:01 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

Wow, I wasn't really pleased with my dealer until I read this.[/align][/align]When I bought my car, it had 2 small dents on it and a few tiny scratches. I said they needed to be fixed if I was going to buy it and they agreed. Long story short, it took over 2 weeks and a separate body shop to get them fixed.[/align][/align]The good part comes in that they gave me a loaner for the entire time (v6 instead of GT but it let me know the differences first hand), fixed what they said they would (and it looks good), tinted the windows for me (on my request), filled it up with gas, and said I could come back in for a few more gas cards when I need it.[/align][/align]Now granted, I was a brand new customer and had only had the car 1 week when they took it away for 2+ weeks so they had to do some massive kissing up, but it's better than nothing.[/align][/align]Good luck to those who need something done. I still haven't decided if I'm going back to my dealership yet.[/align]
Old 02-19-2007, 11:16 PM
numb
1st Gear Member

I have been in 2 see dealer 6 times.I am on my forth torque converter and i only have 10k.When i go in the keep trying 2 get me 2 say i tuned my car lol like i am that stupid.But everytime i go in the give me a rental for free,Fix the problem in 2 days,I think the major prob is FORD not the dewalers.My dealer called ford and asked if he should change Tranny just in case,Ford said no just put in a 4th converter,they think there saving money lol.My dealer than told me 2 call ford and complain,so i did they said someone would call me back in 2 bussiness days,Its been 2 weeks no call.I am just waiting for another tranny leak so i can get my money back and get a 07
Old 02-20-2007, 12:51 AM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: numb

I have been in 2 see dealer 6 times.I am on my forth torque converter and i only have 10k.When i go in the keep trying 2 get me 2 say i tuned my car lol like i am that stupid.But everytime i go in the give me a rental for free,Fix the problem in 2 days,I think the major prob is FORD not the dewalers.My dealer called ford and asked if he should change Tranny just in case,Ford said no just put in a 4th converter,they think there saving money lol.My dealer than told me 2 call ford and complain,so i did they said someone would call me back in 2 bussiness days,Its been 2 weeks no call.I am just waiting for another tranny leak so i can get my money back and get a 07
yea 3rd times the charm, then time for the lemon law