Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP - IGNITION NO WORKY??

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 03:18 AM
ratnacage
3rd Gear Member

Default HELP - IGNITION NO WORKY??

I've done my due diligence and searched this forum for a similar issue to no avail.

I had a Cervini C500 built for a customer of mine overseas (our local speed shop did all the work). It's a beautifully running car laying down 441 to the wheels, but I digress. It was running perfectly when I loaded it on the truck, the freaight forwarder had no issues loading (driving) it into it's container for the 20 day voyage overseas. Upon arrival it was noted the battery was dead (they should've disconnected the battery) so they pushed the car out and charged it. Now the car won't start.

Here's what it did do:

on the first attempt to start it, it huffed like it wanted to start, but ever since then it just turns over with no ignition.

The fuel pump primes
The starter turns the engine over (it's not weak either, it cranks the engine over robustly)
you can smell fuel from the exhaust (as reported to me by my customer)
...just a complete absence of any hint at ignition.

Also, the anti-theft padlock light flashes (but again, if it were an antitheft issue, the engine shouldn't even turn over, right?), but everything else seems to work (radio, AC, etc)

I sent him instructions on how to retrieve the fault codes (DTC) using the SCT tuner. I'll check that out when he reports back to me with the codes, if any.

I'm a salesman trying to help my customer, and a Mustang fanatic (see sig) so I don't think I'm completely stupid, but I've never seen anything like this on distributerless ignitions. I'm really hoping it's not the ECM. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Summary:
car runs great
car gets loaded on ship
battery goes dead
battery is recharged
car won't start, but turns over, fuel pump seems to work.
?????
Old 04-03-2007, 03:41 AM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

Default RE: HELP - IGNITION NO WORKY??

What mods does it have performance wise? Just the tuner? What about an aftermarket or dealer installed alarm?
Old 04-03-2007, 03:46 AM
ratnacage
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: HELP - IGNITION NO WORKY??

ORIGINAL: PROMETHEUS PRIME

What mods does it have performance wise? Just the tuner? What about an aftermarket or dealer installed alarm?
Procharger, injectors, boost-a-pump, SCT custom tune, and yes, a dealer installed alarm (but it's a Ford piece). I had him put thealarm in valet mode and it doesn't change anything. Normally, if the alarm is preventing starting the car, it won't even turn over.