Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MGW Shifter is in.....And Awesome..Pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 10:21 PM
underbird10
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: MGW Shifter is in.....And Awesome..Pics

You know, I think there's a Rodney Dangerfield joke in there somewhere...

Remember the one..... "Take my wife...............PLEASE!!!"

Uh, that really doesn't sound right now that I reread it. [sm=pimp.gif][sm=pimp.gif][sm=pimp.gif]

Hey Dump, sorry to hear about your GF. I guess you'll be sleeping more with the Stang now.

UB10

Old 04-04-2007, 10:27 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

Good Job!!!
Old 04-04-2007, 10:42 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05 Ricky

I installed one today for my buddy that was a first 100 tester, his is very stiff from side to side, if your not carefull it is very easy to go from first to forth gear, I thought my steeda was stiff, maybe there is a break in period, unlike they said there wasn't a need for one with this shifter. Is your stiff? We set the adjustment leaving the throw 15% which is no turns on the bottom adjuster and it's still a stiff little booger, kinda uncomfortable to drive. He wasn't so happy, but I told him to give it a little while and maybe he'll change his mind.
Make no mistake, the centering spring is much stiffer than stock. But, I believe this is why third gear is such a cakewalk with this shifter. When you pop out of second, the shifter puts it in the gate for you, so all ya gotta do is push straight up....This could also be why the first time I drove with it, I missed second gear......However, I did not find it really uncomfortable from first to second, and didn't even come remotely close to fourth......and I have mine currently adjusted to the shortest possible throw.......

How high did you adjust the up - down adjustment for the shift handle?? Perhaps a bit higher for a little more leverage would help him??? I have mine set where the bottom of the shift rod is just barely above the dust boot. Lots of upward mobility left in it.....You may want to give that a go...

NOW... where does one get one of these things. I looked on MGW's site and only saw videos and no place to order the thing. Does anyone know where to order?
GMan....Send an E Mail to George. I'm sure he can give you details on ordering, or, give them a call. I saw another poster say that he called and ordered, and they were about 3 or 4 weeks out....

Ya, Ya,...Just got back from a pleasure trip....took my mother in law to the airport.......
Ya, Ya,...I've been around a lot of big people in my time.......take me all day to get around you......

Old 04-04-2007, 11:04 PM
05 Ricky
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mlcrycc

ORIGINAL: 05 Ricky

I installed one today for my buddy that was a first 100 tester, his is very stiff from side to side, if your not carefull it is very easy to go from first to forth gear, I thought my steeda was stiff, maybe there is a break in period, unlike they said there wasn't a need for one with this shifter. Is your stiff? We set the adjustment leaving the throw 15% which is no turns on the bottom adjuster and it's still a stiff little booger, kinda uncomfortable to drive. He wasn't so happy, but I told him to give it a little while and maybe he'll change his mind.
Make no mistake, the centering spring is much stiffer than stock. But, I believe this is why third gear is such a cakewalk with this shifter. When you pop out of second, the shifter puts it in the gate for you, so all ya gotta do is push straight up....This could also be why the first time I drove with it, I missed second gear......However, I did not find it really uncomfortable from first to second, and didn't even come remotely close to fourth......and I have mine currently adjusted to the shortest possible throw.......

How high did you adjust the up - down adjustment for the shift handle?? Perhaps a bit higher for a little more leverage would help him??? I have mine set where the bottom of the shift rod is just barely above the dust boot. Lots of upward mobility left in it.....You may want to give that a go...

NOW... where does one get one of these things. I looked on MGW's site and only saw videos and no place to order the thing. Does anyone know where to order?
GMan....Send an E Mail to George. I'm sure he can give you details on ordering, or, give them a call. I saw another poster say that he called and ordered, and they were about 3 or 4 weeks out....

Ya, Ya,...Just got back from a pleasure trip....took my mother in law to the airport.......
Ya, Ya,...I've been around a lot of big people in my time.......take me all day to get around you......

Yea, we tried everything, in his video clips it looks so easy and effortless, this doesn't seem to be the case[8D]
Old 04-05-2007, 12:06 AM
gmascagni
1st Gear Member

If you guys want to see MGW's 2005 Shifter Installation video instructions here is the link.

Try this one

http://www.mgwltd.com/george/MGW 2005 Installation Video(medium).wmv
Old 04-05-2007, 12:07 AM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gmascagni

If you guys want to see MGW's 2005 Shifter Installation video instructions here is the link.

http://www.mgwltd.com/george/MGW%202...eo(medium).wmv

:\
Old 04-05-2007, 12:44 AM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

THIS IS BADDDDDDDD! IDK WHETHER I WANT TO GET THE HURST OR MGW SHIFTER NOW
Old 04-05-2007, 12:45 AM
UrS4
4th Gear Member

To the OP,

great write up! You mentioned you could have used a different shift handle and ****. Can you elaborate of the versatility of the MGW shifter. I would like to have a handle like the Hurst and even the **** or the roush handle and ****. I want a longer shift handle than the stubby stock one, looks like it belongs in an S2000 or eclipse.

Thanks again for the write up. Are the instructions complete or does it take so common sense on how to take about the center console etc. etc.?
Old 04-05-2007, 12:48 AM
gmascagni
1st Gear Member

Try this link:

http://www.mgwltd.com/george/MGW 2005 Installation Video(medium).wmv
Old 04-05-2007, 12:57 AM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

To the OP,

great write up! You mentioned you could have used a different shift handle and ****. Can you elaborate of the versatility of the MGW shifter. I would like to have a handle like the Hurst and even the **** or the roush handle and ****. I want a longer shift handle than the stubby stock one, looks like it belongs in an S2000 or eclipse.

Thanks again for the write up. Are the instructions complete or does it take so common sense on how to take about the center console etc. etc.?
Thank you. Take a look at the attached photo...The threaded shift rod can be ordered in two different types. The one I have is the stock GT threads, for use with a stock shift ****, or, in my case, the MGW Gripper Ball, or several other after market shift *****. You can also order it with the same threads as a Hurst shifter, so you can use a Hurst shift ****.....But not the handle....Regardless of which you order, the height of the shift **** is adjustable. I agree that the stock position is a bit low. I have mine adjusted about an inch or so higher, and it is very comfortable. You can see in the attached pic where you adjust the height of the shift rod....

Hope that helps,
Mike

Oh, and watch the video gmascagni just linked up. Shows the same thing....

[IMG]local://upfiles/13557/E665A3DC94CC48D192C331BCE2C0441C.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: MGW Shifter is in.....And Awesome..Pics