Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 V6 and hooking it up

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 04:57 AM
2000iav6
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 05 V6 and hooking it up

Seph, nuttin personal, bro, just felt all "soap-boxy" all of a sudden. Glad you got it... [sm=smiley20.gif]
Thunder, ummmm, you're right on target - I missed your point. What exactly did our new brethren buy? A hologram of an American icon? If an '05 V6 Mustang is not a Mustang, what is it? Thank cripes he didn't buy a doggone Civic hatchie or something ghastly like that! I don't give a damn how fast you can make a Japanese-built, Volkswagen-with-a-broke-muffler-soundin' 4-banger go, or hp/liter, or all this psi/boost junk. Just give me some cold-blooded Amurkin looks and power, man! And make it a FORD!!! On the side!! and make it purty! Hooaah!! [sm=icon_rock.gif]

I'll break down his first post for ya, Thunder.
Here we have a convert: "ive always been a big time camaro lover but since they dont make them anymore and the new mustang is beutiful i decided to get one." For that alone we should be thankful, my equine brother. He even thinks his V6 Stang is faster than his V8 Camaro! There may be different dates on the side of the milk carton, granted, but those new V6's are undeniably STOUT! I've driven one. He's spot on. [sm=smiley2.gif]
So he comes poking around our forum "hey whats up guys" looking for love and guidance. He's got a kick-*** stereo, slappin in some hot red leather seats, wants to make his V6 the "toughest V6 around." which is going to end up emabarassing a lot of V8's lemme tell ya! Sounds to me like a man in love - who among us can't relate? Crap, most of us have NAMES for the darn things! And you guys essentially roll out the welcome mat like this: "get a V8...why fart with a V6?...you're wasting your money...you're wasting your time...why do you even want to mod a lowly V6?" Essentially, just go away loser. [sm=icon_beat.gif]

Which is a strange way to make him feel welcome, if I say so myself. [sm=smiley21.gif]Notice he's only made the one post? Hopefully, and I mean it, he didn't say, "What a bunch of jerks" and never comes back. That would suck a$$! He NEEDS us! [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

So, Thunder, if you really "absolutely no problem w/ ppl modding 4 or 6 cylinder cars...." then get on about telling the newbie what you think he could/should/shouldn't/can/must do instead of busting the ***** of his new mistress. You're obviously ate up with it just like the rest of us knuckleheads; look at your mods. You're off the meat rack, yo! That GT is sick! Street cred out the yin yang! I know I'd listen to what you have to say.....

92, come back! [sm=smiley31.gif]

$H!T!! Back on the box! I must look like an idiot, sticking up for some cat I'll never meet with a car that's cooler than mine!
Old 12-03-2004, 11:12 AM
RollinThunder
3rd Gear Member

You're off the meat rack, yo! That GT is sick! Street cred out the yin yang! I know I'd listen to what you have to say.....
r u dissing my car??....and if u think a v6 is a mustang ur wrong...turn the ignition and let ur ears decide...a mustang is a muscle car...theres nothing big about a v6 so if ur shopping for muscle car get a muscle car...
Old 12-03-2004, 03:32 PM
2004 GT RagTop
3rd Gear Member

i dont see how a v6 mustang is any less of a mustang. a v6 to you seems to be nothing. well in comparison a GT is nothing compared to a Cobra. To me Ford Mustang is the heritage of a great American car that has stayed in production for a great 40 years (minus the mustang II's lol jp they werent THAT bad). Buying a mustang is buying a piece of history and tradition. Many people think that their V6 is a fun car. Big deal, let them have fun with it. Like i was saying earlier a GT aint **** compared to a Cobra, does it make it any less of a mustang? Yes a GT can be modded to keep up with the Cobra, but its going to cost money. Going by your logic, why waste your time with a N/A V8 when you can get a blown V8. Yes it will be cheaper to mod a V8 rather than a V6, but maybe he doesnt want that much power. He was talking about not voiding the warranty, meaning he doesnt want to go overboard.
Conclusion: I think you guys were a little harsh to the newb, no big deal, i'm done with my lecture, have a nice day lol.
Old 12-03-2004, 04:23 PM
2000iav6
2nd Gear Member

Beautiful, RagTop, just beautiful. Overall, we're a pretty good group here and I hope 92 comes back and lets us prove that. A rusted out, faded paint, boned up 64-1/2 I6 is just as much a pony to me as a soon-to-come 2005 Cobra. And if a person can't see that here at ground zero among the love of fellow Mustang owners, then that person is a vehicular racist and missing far more than the point....

Thunder, I'm going to try to reach you one more time and if I can't get through, then I can't help you, brother.
Am I dissing your car??? Of course not, man! I don't DO that. Even if some guy is out there with a pea green Gremlin, if he loves it, I'm gonna love it right along with him and provide support and encouragement for him to make it as fast as possible and spend as much money as his wife and wallet will allow! No dissing. Ever. I said your GT is sick, as in your GT is bad, as in your GT is good. Being off the meat rack is good, which is akin to being off the charts, which is also good, as in your line is going up in such a fashion as to exit the chart, or going off. Street cred is street credibility, which is also a good thing. I'm generally pretty bookish with my postings, but I'll toss in some low-brow jargon on occasion, too, and might even misspell it for effect...work with the slang, podnuh. (which means partner, which is a term of endearment, which is a good thing. I'm on your side)

Mustangs are more than musclecars, bro, although that IS their calling card heard 'round the world and what inspires such insane, blind faith! They are EXACTLY what RagTop said. And more. V6, I6, I4, V8, NA, SC. Just like us, they come in all forms, sizes and colors. And we should love all of them regardless. Just like each other.

Nothing big about a V6? such a small misinformed statement.

Look at the top dog in this link:

http://www.v6power.net/dyno/?theme=v6p

That's 487.8 RWHP and 464.8 RWTQ out of a V6, and it would eat your highly modded, clearly fast GT alive like it was standing still. Killshot right between the eyes. Nothing personal. And it's a V6.

And you'll counter with what all he's done to his car versus yours, it's still not a V8, bogus webiste, blah blah blah. That car still wins. It's all about the mods, right? Which brings us nicely right back full circle to 92's post, doesn't it?
Old 12-03-2004, 05:16 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RollinThunder

You're off the meat rack, yo! That GT is sick! Street cred out the yin yang! I know I'd listen to what you have to say.....
r u dissing my car??....and if u think a v6 is a mustang ur wrong...turn the ignition and let ur ears decide...a mustang is a muscle car...theres nothing big about a v6 so if ur shopping for muscle car get a muscle car...

Why is there so much hate on the v6? I bought my 6er because it's all I could afford, and I LOVE the mustang, always have and I wanted one, no matter what. If I have to start low on the totem pole, so to speak, then fine. But v6 stangs need love too!!

I think most of the people here own mustangs because they're fast and have potential to be fast as hell. The people that don't give a rats *** about owning a v6 are the people who love the mustang, the history, and the legacy.

I might only be speaking for myself here, but I think the whole anti v6 attitude on this website is BS-- we're all mustang lovers, that's why we're here. I'm proud of my v6 and I don't care what anyone says. My mustang is a 100% TRUE mustang, and I love her.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:26 PM
2004 GT RagTop
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2004 GT RagTop

i dont see how a v6 mustang is any less of a mustang. a v6 to you seems to be nothing. well in comparison a GT is nothing compared to a Cobra. To me Ford Mustang is the heritage of a great American car that has stayed in production for a great 40 years (minus the mustang II's lol jp they werent THAT bad). Buying a mustang is buying a piece of history and tradition. Many people think that their V6 is a fun car. Big deal, let them have fun with it. Like i was saying earlier a GT aint **** compared to a Cobra, does it make it any less of a mustang? Yes a GT can be modded to keep up with the Cobra, but its going to cost money. Going by your logic, why waste your time with a N/A V8 when you can get a blown V8. Yes it will be cheaper to mod a V8 rather than a V6, but maybe he doesnt want that much power. He was talking about not voiding the warranty, meaning he doesnt want to go overboard.
Conclusion: I think you guys were a little harsh to the newb, no big deal, i'm done with my lecture, have a nice day lol.
Thanks for provin my point.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:28 PM
2004 GT RagTop
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000iav6

Beautiful, RagTop, just beautiful. Overall, we're a pretty good group here and I hope 92 comes back and lets us prove that. A rusted out, faded paint, boned up 64-1/2 I6 is just as much a pony to me as a soon-to-come 2005 Cobra. And if a person can't see that here at ground zero among the love of fellow Mustang owners, then that person is a vehicular racist and missing far more than the point....
Thanks.

Lol never heard someone be called that, good stuff...
Old 12-03-2004, 11:34 PM
2000iav6
2nd Gear Member

Preach that gospel, Rock! I love my six-banger, too! Although I must admit with the 335 30 18's on 18X11 Cobra wheels, I wish I had a little bit of Cobra under the hood. Last weekend I rode in a Kenne Bell SC'd Cobra that made over 600 RWHP and I would sho like to have some of dat! True.
Old 12-04-2004, 12:28 AM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

Well, you can surely have one of those babies one day!

I'm saving up for a mach1 or a cobra... i want one so bad, but I have to be practical and stick with something I can afford right now. I love the mustang for the legacy, history, and the pride of owning one. I don't care too much for performance right now because I can't afford to make it happen.
Old 12-04-2004, 12:46 AM
RollinThunder
3rd Gear Member

holy crap lay off me lol...fine ...92 bro I hope u have fun modding ur v6 and surprise alot of cocky *** drivers w/ big bad v8's under the hood ....happy guys?? lolol...seriously good luck w/ her

Quick Reply: 05 V6 and hooking it up