Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks to Rob at Baltimore Street Mods

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 10:07 PM
Sean3667
2nd Gear Member

Default Thanks to Rob at Baltimore Street Mods

For those who may remember ...

A while back, I sorta flipped out here on the Mustang Forums about some issues I was having with a precut stripe kit I purchased from Baltimore Street Mods last year. The stripes were deteriorating after less than a year on the car, and I vented that frustration in a thread that ... at my request in fairness to Rob ... was removed.

Since then, I've been working "off site" with Rob to get the situation resolved. Here's what's transpired ...

-Rob, completely at his own expense, replaced not only the kit that's currently on the car, but also the second kit I had purchased (I bought two, in case a piece needed replacing or was damaged due to normal wear and tear).

-Since I'm a reasonable drive from him, he offered to help with removal of the old stripes, and installation of the new ones. Because my job causes me to travel extensively, I haven't been able to firm up a solid plan for replacement of my stripes (either through him or another professional installer), but I am considering his most gracious offer as one of my options. What I do, depends on the demands of my job over the next couple of weeks.

-The new kit, on the roll (since I haven't had it installed yet), looks amazing! Rob has tweaked some of the pieces for a more refined fit, and 3M has also reformulated their gloss silver to have a more metal flake look to it. If it looks as good on my Tungsten Grey GT as it does on the backing paper, the combo is gonna be awesome!

To sum it up, Rob has gone above and beyond as a manufacturerr/seller, and I'm definitely on a different wavelength than from my previous "rant." Rob has been a pleasure to work with, and I wouldn't hesistate to buy from him again, after seeing how he's worked with me on this.

So ... if anyone was hesitant to buy a BSM stripe kit after my last round of posts ... don't be! Rob definitely ... even under the most trying of circumstances .... is a first class act all the way!

Now ... to find the time to get the darn things on the car!