Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will the stearship make a big fuss?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 05:41 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: Will the stearship make a big fuss?

ORIGINAL: gtrips01

My friend - I would advise against that - Jiffy Lube. It is like a ten dollar ******* from an ugly *****. But do it if it is all you can afford.

ORIGINAL: Sprzout

I'm taking my car to the dealership for its first oil change; I got a free one thrown in. Other than that, I'll probably take it to the local Jiffy Lube and tell them to JUST change the oil, and put synthetic in...it'll be cheaper than taking it to the stealership.
So true!
Old 04-28-2007, 05:47 PM
jaded seconds
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

it makes me sick that a dealership would try to void a warranty for putting on an aftermarket intake.
i know. it's crazy. here in florida, different dealerships and makes. i've heard countless stories of warranties voided for simple things such as lowering the car, aftermarket intake, or aftermarket exhaust.

edit: i just remembered one story! this guy bought a stockintegra gs-ra few years back (2002 or 2003i believe)from an acura dealership. he wanted to beef up the suspension. the only thing he put on so far was a front strut tower brace. he went in for an oil change.

long story short after the oil change ayoung service rep mid 20'scame out and said 'we finished your oil change, but we're going to have to void your warranty.' he asks, 'why?' the rep says, 'the aftermarket bar thing or whatever in your engine bay has caused some oil leaks in the car and is now causing trouble to the fuel line.'

he's tried to argue his way out of it. but he's more passive than anything so he ended up losing the fight and falling for there bs.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:41 PM
rls82959
3rd Gear Member

I did my first oil change today @ 2700 miles. Put Mobil 1 Synthetic in it. Passed on the "first oil change free" at the stealership. I have a Tune without the CAI. I would definately take the CAI off and reflash to stock before going to the stealership. Even if it's just an oil change. A CAImay make the stealer curious. I'll reflash andvisit my stealer if I need something fixed under warranty. Other than that, I'll see the stealer for the 15000 mile maintenance/inspection.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:15 AM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

I think the dealerships are ugly ****** and I would not let them touch my thing (car). I used to be service manager, I speak from experience. Only the low level flunky monkeys did routine maintenance where I worked because the highly trained guys only did work that they were specifically trained to do (high tech stuff). Learn to do your own maintenance you will sleep better and your thing (car) will thank you.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:49 AM
sycd
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat
Do not ever take your mustang to a jiffy lube or something for an oil change. Yes its fast and cheap but so is the kid getting paid $6 an hour to do it. There have been some horror stories with scratched cars, wrong oil, not changing the filter or putting the plug back on correctly. Its easy to do your self and takes 30 minutes.
And the dealership grease monkey makes how much more? The same kid can end-up doing oil changes at the dealership or jiffy lube. I had dealerships put the wrong oil in my car, scratched my cars, my rims, did not put enough oil, put they greasy crap all over the interior, etc, etc, etc. My experience with Jiffy Lube has been so far better than dealerships. I don't do it myself because it's not interesting, and in general a messy pain in the a$$
Old 04-29-2007, 01:55 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

I would trust the dealership over a jiffy lube but i do it myself so I dont have to worry about any of it. If the dealership messes up the warranty will cover it but i would think jiffy lube would be harder to deal with in a bad situation.