Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Planning out my Mustang, Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 11:40 PM
jowep55

Default Planning out my Mustang, Questions

In August my father and I plan on getting a 07 Mustang for my graduation present, and my birthday is in June. I plan on either getting 20" Chrome rims for my birthday or a SLP Loudmouth.

I have tried to search function but not all my questions have been answered fully.

I have some questions with the 07 Mustang Modification:

What will 4.10 gears achieve, what are the advantages and disadvantages. Also, how much is this goingv to be priced.

Is the SLP Loudmouth a good exhaust standalone, or should i get a H pipe with it as well?

Is tuning now as easy as buying your own CPU tuner?
Old 04-30-2007, 12:28 AM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Planning out my Mustang, Questions

1: 4:10s will improve acceleration but take away top end speed (worth it though)
2: I do not have SLP loudmouths but there are alot of people here that swear by them. I have the BASSANI SS Racing axlebacks and love them. You already have an H-pipe, so unless you wanna go cat-less stick with what you have.
3:Unless you KNOW how to adjust for fuel and air ratio along with compression don't even try. You can buy a basic tune for the mods you have.

The first mod you should do is CAI with a tune from a reputable tuner. Look up Brenspeed.com, B A M Achips or evolution and buy the CAI+tuner combo. This is just my opinion, nothing more nothing less
Old 04-30-2007, 12:47 AM
2007GT/CS
3rd Gear Member

Since your Dad is paying you should get a loaded GT with the polished 18"s and put off buying the 20s.

It *is* as easy as buying a tuner and this should be your first mod. You will pick up 20+ rwhp and get rid of the throttle lag. Several of the sponsors here carry them. You should buy from a vendor that also offers custom tunes with the tuner.

The 4.10s will give you another 2-3 tenths in the 1/4. They really make the car feel more powerful - kind of like the boost you get from the tuner. You also need that tuner to adjust your speedo for the gear change. Plan on spending $300-$600 on parts and labor. The downside is they will affect your gas mileage.

Putting on some SLPs will not make any more power but will give you a different (louder) exhaust note. There are a few ponies to be found with an aftermarket H or X pipe. Do you live in an emissions testing area? Look into that before laying out more cash.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:09 AM
jowep55

ORIGINAL: 2007GT/CS

Since your Dad is paying you should get a loaded GT with the polished 18"s and put off buying the 20s.

It *is* as easy as buying a tuner and this should be your first mod. You will pick up 20+ rwhp and get rid of the throttle lag. Several of the sponsors here carry them. You should buy from a vendor that also offers custom tunes with the tuner.

The 4.10s will give you another 2-3 tenths in the 1/4. They really make the car feel more powerful - kind of like the boost you get from the tuner. You also need that tuner to adjust your speedo for the gear change. Plan on spending $300-$600 on parts and labor. The downside is they will affect your gas mileage.

Putting on some SLPs will not make any more power but will give you a different (louder) exhaust note. There are a few ponies to be found with an aftermarket H or X pipe. Do you live in an emissions testing area? Look into that before laying out more cash.
I like how you think, although he will not do that. Plus I like the look of aftermarket rims. Thinking of maybe getting the 19" or 20" Z06 Rims.

Looking at a mustang hopefully around 27-29grand with a hefty 5grand discount from my grandpa due to he used to work a ford.

How would you know if you live in an emissions test are?

I think this summer I will save for the SLP Loudmouth then go for the 4.10's.

After that i'll get the CAI + TUNE.

Any other suggestions?
Old 04-30-2007, 02:25 AM
brendend
4th Gear Member

i got a fully loaded gt, for 25360 with the a-plan from my g-pa, the only thing i dont have is leather and the shaker 1000, didnt want either.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:31 AM
Red_Stallion
2nd Gear Member

I've heard people complain that the SLP's are loud, but in annoying way. You'll hear people complain of 'drone'. I went with Flowmaster axle backs for that very reason, still sound mean, but won't deafen you.