Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How Do You Remove Dealer Stick-on Decals?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 01:11 PM
PEPS GT 2

Default RE: How Do You Remove Dealer Stick-on Decals?

ORIGINAL: ponyman

I just avoid the problem and refuse to take delivery of a car that has them on!!! It is an easy preventative measure...

That's funny. I did the same thing. So what did they do. They put license plate frames that had there dealerships name on them. I didn't care. A lot easier to remove than adheasive.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:23 PM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PEPS GT 2

I just avoid the problem and refuse to take delivery of a car that has them on!!! It is an easy preventative measure...

That's funny. I did the same thing. So what did they do. They put license plate frames that had there dealerships name on them. I didn't care. A lot easier to remove than adheasive.
I bought mine from Towneast Ford in Mesquite, TX. They didn't put a sticker or badge on, but did put on a license plate frame with their name on it. However, when I picked up the real plates, they asked me if I wanted the frames. I said, no thanks, and they took them off. I guess they know if you buy a Mustang, you care about how the car looks.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:47 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

+1111111111111 and my husband works for the dealer! lol I refuse to have them on my car at all.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:51 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CAL

Stangers,
Took mine off last night. The advice above helped tremendously. My '07 is about 6 months old and man that emblem was on there. Guess the dealer wants to keep their free-advertising at my expense.
[ul][*]Hair Dryer - heated up area[*]Dental floss to remove two-sided tape[*]Goo-Gone to remove residue (thank god for this stuff).[*]Waxed-area[*]Stood and gazed at my beautiful rear-end of my CS/GT.....LOL[/ul]

Sent a letter to Troy Aikman Ford billing them for advertisement expenses....Just Kidding...got to keep that decent relationship with them.

I did too. The hair dryer trick worked so slick, that I went out and took the one off my 2006 Jeep that had been on there over a year.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:48 PM
guydon
2nd Gear Member

same here bro!
Old 05-01-2007, 02:53 PM
jaded seconds
3rd Gear Member

hair dryer and a warm sunny dayis the best tool for decals that won't budge.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:01 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Hi Guys, Boy that was easy to remove. Did like you said, warmed up with the hair dryer and peeled off. How warm? I'd say the car sitting in the sun was warmer. Then a little grease/wax remover and that was it. Of course waxed it a few times. It had been on there for 8 months.
I know those dealer labels suck, but I thought I'd be a nice guy and have it on. But it's been over 8 months now and they haven't done/tried anything to fix my thunking noise in the front end so that's it! No more free advertising.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:29 PM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

jay, hire somebody to do it and make sure they total the car when they do. then get your insurance co. to pay for a new mustang that has no clunking!!!! i'm just chiming in to say i heard that fishing line also works if the decal/badge needs some coaxing.