Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I finally picked her up today - what now?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 05:56 PM
SOLDSHORT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I finally picked her up today - what now?

don't turn this person's topic into a debate about forum policy.

Welcome to the 05 section, sleslie17.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:58 PM
Brian_Zinchuk
4th Gear Member

Jay your mustang looks sweet, I just wanted to throw that out there. If you stick with Ford racing parts for performace mods chances are your dealership wont void your warrenty. Ford Racing makes everything you need so why not. It really does get a little pricey though.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:01 AM
sleslie17

Thanks everyone for the input - that's a cool thing about these forums - I have seens so many other people on the web get together and bash - not us mustang owners. I am surprised how much everyone like the CAI upgrade. Is it really noticeable? Is it horsepower and sound? Throttle lag was also mentioned - I am guessing thats just the immediate responsiveness that improves. I second the comment on Jays black 'stang - very nice - not many body mods - amazing what a good choice of wheels and rubberwill do.

Cheers to all,
Shawn
Old 05-05-2007, 01:48 AM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Brian_Zinchuk

If you stick with Ford racing parts for performace mods chances are your dealership wont void your warrenty. Ford Racing makes everything you need so why not. It really does get a little pricey though.

To me it was worth every penny because I wanted to keep my 3 year warranty intact.
The FRPP costs a bit more than other aftermarket packages and will give you slightly less h.p. gain, but at the same time it's safer for your car in the long run.
I also like the idea of having the exact same performance package that comes on the Shelby GT (and GT-H). If it's good enough for Carroll, it's certainly good enough for me...! [sm=signs007.gif]
Old 05-05-2007, 02:43 AM
meekstro
2nd Gear Member

i had the mac's on my car with the factory H pipe and it sounded really good...nice deep tone when ya get on it a little but not to ridiculous. That lasted about a day then I slapped on my bassani o/r x-pipe and its all history. I created an absolute beast, just ask my neighbors. I love the x-pipe unlike alot of people here. It is very aggressive like this car should sound IMHO. Oh yeah I just put on my C&L intake and tune from Brenspeed and let me just say IMPRESSIVE. Honestly the best $650 I have spent. Throttle lag is gone, and the motor feels so much stronger. On my first test drive I almost spun her in a circle by mistake. I really under estimated the new power. Brenspeed is top notch too. After they burned the tunes for my car I recieved shipment in 2 days and I live in Georgia! Thats pretty fast!
Old 05-05-2007, 02:59 AM
Vista_Blue_GT
2nd Gear Member

my first mods were my axle-backs and springs...and now every time i drive by another s197 it looks like a 4x4...and it sounds like poo compared to mine
Old 05-06-2007, 12:04 AM
Sirsilent
2nd Gear Member

from what I've heard a tune with the stock air box is almost as good as with an aftermarket air intake.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:31 AM
gatkins94
2nd Gear Member

First off...WELCOME! I didn't see if it was a manual, or auto....If it's a manual, My First choice would be a Hurst Shifter. I just did that this morning, and I can't believe that I hadn't done it before now. It's a great easy way to start the modding. I would then second the tune and CAI, I went with the brenspeed SCT tune, and C&L intake. I would also recomment the axle back mufflers. I used the search button quite a bit before I made my choice there, I couldn't STAND to hear the DRONE, my 05 F-150 has that problem, and it drives me crazy, so I went with the Corsa's.....they're not much louder than stock, but they do sound good!
Old 05-06-2007, 03:45 AM
Grabber72
1st Gear Member

CAI and tune from Brenspeed. That was my first mod. IMO they are the best, and no I dont have any experience with any other vendor but I cant see how its possible to get any better. The car doesnt come to life until you get these.
Old 05-06-2007, 03:51 AM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

CONGRATS & WELCOME!!!
Dont do it!!!!!!!!!!! Once you start modding YOU CANT STOP!!!!!!!!!