Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Polish/Wax

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 12:35 PM
HRS PWR

Default Polish/Wax

I just got done washing/cleaning/polishing my car completely yesterday. I used some water w/ car wash and then moved on to the Ice Liquid Clay Bar. After that, I used the synthetic polish from Ice which supposedly is more durable making it possible to skip the wax. When I looked at the car today, it looks nice and clean but not as glossy and shiney as I wanted. Would you suggest more polish? or maybe a coat of liquid wax?
Old 05-29-2007, 12:37 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Polish/Wax

Wax it.

ORIGINAL: HRS PWR

I just got done washing/cleaning/polishing my car completely yesterday. I used some water w/ car wash and then moved on to the Ice Liquid Clay Bar. After that, I used the synthetic polish from Ice which supposedly is more durable making it possible to skip the wax. When I looked at the car today, it looks nice and clean but not as glossy and shiney as I wanted. Would you suggest more polish? or maybe a coat of liquid wax?
Old 05-29-2007, 01:07 PM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

Use a caranuba wax to get that deep wet look and seal in what youve already done
Old 05-29-2007, 01:41 PM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

What color is your car?

use NXT tech wax on a dark car....you'll never use anything else.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:03 PM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06stangGT

What color is your car?

use NXT tech wax on a dark car....you'll never use anything else.
+1, I love the NXT stuff, plus it hides swirl and slight sratches. Works good on any color including white. The wax reminds me of an old wax not made anymore that was even better, Kit Acrylic, and also, Autofom, a great product as well.Autofom was so good dust wouldn't even stick to it (awesome on a dark colored car).
Old 05-29-2007, 03:26 PM
Weed Racer
1st Gear Member

On the strength of the wax thread a few weeks ago, I tried the Black Magic stuff that Consumer Reports raved about.

When I went to the auto parts store, it was on sale...buy one get one free.

I opted for the liquid in the squeeze bottles, and love the stuff.

I have never seen a deeper shine, and the water beading is like Rain-X on your windshield.

It went on very smooth and easy, but never really dried to a powder that could easily be taken off. Instead, it remained a bit greasy feeling initially, but with a few flips of the polishing cloth, came off fine.

I've never felt such a slick surface on a car before, and if it holds up well, will be the only wax I use.

Also, I have found it hard to get a really deep, wet look on silver cars in the past. The stuff mde mine look hot.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:35 PM
Goody625
3rd Gear Member

I used Mothers Claybar and NXT wax the last time I waxed. Here are some pictures from late last fall after I had finished.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Good Luck
Old 05-29-2007, 04:27 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

I remember theAUTOFOM TV ads "With Fomblin-A"
Old 05-29-2007, 05:32 PM
JudisStang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HRS PWR

Hi! My personal experience with the ice liquid polish is just that - it's not a wax and you don't get the same results as wax. My brother loves it for his grabber orange but I find it is a bit lacking for my Windveil - doesn't give the glossy shine a wax does... after the rain, I found streaks running down the door and white spots on the black areas - I was mift and figured, relax - try it again, I did and I don't like it... I am going to try the NXT Paste Wax for the major wax and the NXT spray for the "inbetweens".... but that's just me...

JMO...
and happy polishing,

Judi
Old 05-29-2007, 05:39 PM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

ORIGINAL: Goody625

I used Mothers Claybar and NXT wax the last time I waxed. Here are some pictures from late last fall after I had finished.
[IMG][/IMG]
Wow. Your car looks great. I don't get that with Meguiar's.

Quick Reply: Polish/Wax