Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Polish/Wax

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 06:34 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Default RE: Polish/Wax

I use Meguairs Deep crystal system and love the deep shine that it gives and the mirror reflection from Meguiras Liquid Gold Class wax to top it off you will get the same results Goody625 did and more....I promise! I have a black car and still am amazed on ease of use and the reflections the car gives when used!
ORIGINAL: Margarita Girl

ORIGINAL: Goody625

I used Mothers Claybar and NXT wax the last time I waxed. Here are some pictures from late last fall after I had finished.
[IMG][/IMG]
Wow. Your car looks great. I don't get that with Meguiar's.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:35 AM
Weed Racer
1st Gear Member

I have gloss black stripes on my car, and not only do I wax them, but they had fine scratches from installation, so I compounded them.

I tested a piece that I had leftover and it seemed fine, so I went for broke. The stripes are shinier and "blacker" than ever, and so far, no problems.

Some products clearly state that you shouldn't go near vinyl graphics, some say nothing. Personally, I think if you have a light touch, and use fine compounds, you should be fine.

I figure the stripes are a layer of plastic on the surface of the car....so is the paint in a way.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:58 AM
JudisStang
2nd Gear Member

Do you wax or polish first? I always thought it was wax... :-) thanks for the help!! judi
Old 05-30-2007, 11:12 AM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

mygt500:

I must be doing something wrong. I have a garage full of Meguiar's products including paint cleaner, polish, scratchx and step 3. My usual routine is a Spring coat of Klasse All in One then Klasse Glaze next day. I then apply multiple coats of Step 3 carnauba wax throughout the season. I don't wash very often, just detail spray & wipe. Car is in storage over winter and in garage, no rain, 8,500 orig miles.

I use a random orbit polisher for Klasse but wax on/off carnauba by hand.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:03 PM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

I used the FX synwax yesterday on another car and i must say it goes on and comes off easier than NXT and gives and better shine plus is cheaper. Mothers makes good products but if you want deep long lasting shine your going to have to go with zaino poorboys or something like that. Clay bar polish seal wax
Old 05-30-2007, 01:28 PM
Weed Racer
1st Gear Member

Judi...

Polish first to smooth the surface of the paint, then wax to seal and protect.

Old 05-30-2007, 07:37 PM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

Yes. I have the california car duster and it works wonders. I keep it in the clear plastic as well as the black bag. Make sure you shake it out well before and after each use.

ORIGINAL: Weed Racer

"Does anyone have suggestions for the lint/dust that is attracted to the exterior of the car. I can't get rid of it! It is really noticeable on the black "

California Car Duster

WalMart carries them as well as auto parts stores.

It's a great thing.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:54 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

How come nobody uses "Liquid Glass". Man that polish is amazing. I'm 46 years old and have been waxing cars off and on since I was 21 and I haven't found anything better. I have used the Meguiars' , the turtle waxes and **** that isn't made anymore like Armour All and man if I was ever right about anything it is on this stuff. Please go to Auto Zone and get some. If not satisfied mail me your address and I will send you your money back.

http://www.liquidglass.com/lgpolish.htm
Old 05-30-2007, 08:03 PM
Jizz
2nd Gear Member

WOW not one person uses Zaino.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:12 PM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

I want to try Zaino, but there are a few requirements before I can use it:

1) I have to use up everything else that I currently have on the shelf (so says my father).

2) I don't know where I can even GET the stuff. Locally, nobody's heard of it (not even the auto body paint stores).

Quick Reply: Polish/Wax