Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Polish/Wax

Old 05-29-2007, 06:04 PM
Shaguarama
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Polish/Wax

Meguiar's is crap. I thought they were good until I tried a few Mothers products. The difference is night and day. -Andrew
Old 05-29-2007, 06:17 PM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

I got a similar shine yesterday on my Tungsten Grey GT...used the Meguiar's Quick Clay system and pulled off all sorts of aviation fuel fallout (I work right under the Miramar flight paths, so I get a lot of burnoff from the waste exhaust, not to mention the typical bugs & tree sap) off of my car yesterday. After that, I put on some liquid NXT wax with my polisher/sander (a LOT quicker than trying to do it by hand; not to mention I've got short arms that can't quite reach to the very middle of the hood or roof, where the polisher gives me an extra 6-8" of reach). Car came out looking better than the day I'd picked it up from the dealership.

Old 05-29-2007, 09:19 PM
HRS PWR

Heres what I ended up doing:

1) Water + Car soap
2) Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Clay Bar
3) Turtle Wax Liquid Synthetic Polish
4) Meguiar's Liquid Wax

Of course with a lot of rinsing and drying in between. Did each part of the car seperatly. Looks really good. Ill post pics in a little. I think I will try NXT next time. Used terry towels to apply and microfiber to dry. Just the basics, but it tookall of yesterday and today! I had a coat already done yesterday, and decided to take it all off and start over because I didn't like the look. Oh and by the way, mine is black. Just got it Friday . And of course, Michigan was all rain for Memorial Day weekend! Does anyone have suggestions for the lint/dust that is attracted to the exterior of the car. I can't get rid of it! It is really noticeable on the black
Old 05-29-2007, 09:45 PM
Weed Racer
1st Gear Member

"Does anyone have suggestions for the lint/dust that is attracted to the exterior of the car. I can't get rid of it! It is really noticeable on the black "

California Car Duster

WalMart carries them as well as auto parts stores.

It's a great thing.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:55 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

For those of you that have used the Ice liquid clay bar, I would be interested in how effective you feel it was, in comparision to traditional clay bar. I normally use traditional clay bar, but have had excellent luck with the "ICE" line. That being said, it is polish, not wax. Need to wax following the polish. I also found some new Turtle Wax Ice car wash soap this past week, and gave it a try. I must say, I am very impressed with it. It advertises no water spots, and I have to admit, even with the very hard water here, there was a noticable reduction in water spotting....I really like the results with it.....

OH, and +1000 on the California Car Duster. Cannot live without that, and instant detailer....

Mike

Old 05-29-2007, 10:01 PM
Jizz
2nd Gear Member

No one uses Zaino?
Old 05-29-2007, 10:13 PM
35thAnni99GT
3rd Gear Member

Let me clear up misconceptions about wax / polish and this is not from Barry Meguiars 3 minute video on the Meguiars website, but rather3 years detailing cars with my friend to save up for bolt-on parts. A wax should be a protective layer applied to protect the finish of the paint and while it may make it look shinier it should not contribute significantly to the shine of the paint. That is the job of the polish/prep work that you do to the paint.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:14 PM
mOOse

For those of you with vinyl stripes on your cars, do you wax the stripes too?
Old 05-30-2007, 03:01 AM
frdfrst
2nd Gear Member

use klasse all in one and seal with p21s.have tried most store bought and none compare.thats not saying there'er no good.if you want to stand out try these two.klasse is all in one and p21s is a 100% carnuba.both go on real easy and come off with little trouble.clay the car first.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:31 AM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mOOse

For those of you with vinyl stripes on your cars, do you wax the stripes too?
That would be a big NO! Just was them and dry them off, avoid getting wax on them. I really like the NXT products, but I must admit, when what I have runs out, I'm gonna try something fancy(Poor Boy's, p21s, etc.) to see the results........

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Polish/Wax