Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cervini B2 spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 07:11 PM
dstanger
2nd Gear Member

Default Cervini B2 spoiler

I bought a B2 spoiler from Cervini a week or two ago - had to put the GT front end on my v6 car first (did it this past weekend). The spoiler came, it is a sort of milky white plastic. The instructions says to get plastic paint prep, wondered if anyone has got a spoiler, or anything like it, from Cervini and what did you do to get it painted? I want to paint mine flat black, never had to do any prep like this before, other than cleaning, and cleaning, and cleaning. Thought I would see whatanyone else has done....
Old 05-29-2007, 08:03 PM
jbfralix
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Cervini B2 spoiler

I've got the B2. I followed their instructions to the letter and have no problems. It's been on about 6 weeks now. No chipping or peeling. If you don't follow the plastic prep instructions you will have pin holes or fish eyes in your finish and the paint just won't stick. I used SEM brand of plastic prep, but most every mfr makes it now with the proliferation of body kits made of that stuff.

I love the spoiler but it is a full three inches below the bottom of the bumper and has canceled my plans to lower the car.

Good luck!

Jim
Old 05-29-2007, 08:38 PM
dstanger
2nd Gear Member

Aw, dude... I love your car. Nicely done! I would LOVE to have those new Magnum's you got on there, wow do they look good. I have a 66 Fastback with a set of original Magnum's, they came off a 69 Mach. Someday...
Anyway, what did you do, just wipe the spoiler off with this prep? What color primer did you use? Also, did you use any special additives to the paint? My buddy tells me that with flexible plastic you need something to keep the paint from becoming too hard, thereby cracking as the plastic flexes...
Thanks!
Old 05-29-2007, 09:15 PM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

dstanger, i think jbfralix did a write up on his install somewhere on the forum. see if you can search for it by using his user name. i know i saw it somewhere. . . and then GET THAT DAMN THING ON THERE SO I CAN SEE HOW COOL IT LOOKS AND JUSTIFY GETTING ONE FOR MY CAR
Old 05-30-2007, 10:43 AM
dstanger
2nd Gear Member

Will do northy, your post made me laugh. I'll go out and get the prep, etc tonight and I'll get this thing put on within the next few days.... I was supposed to finish my 66 Fastback engine compartment last night, I have been sanding and grinding, we primered it last Thursday night - it looks be-he-he-he-U-tiful! We were going to paint last night but it didn't work out. We are going to paint it probably tomorrow night so I'll have to work the spoiler in somewhere in-between, maybe even this coming weekend. I WILL post you a pic when done though!
D
Old 05-30-2007, 07:57 PM
jbfralix
1st Gear Member

Hey dstanger. I think my reply to the thread linked below is the one northy_polk is talking about.
https://mustangforums.com/m_3290759/...tm.htm#3294204
I used rattle cans once all cleaned up and prepped including the scuffing with AJAX and scotch brite pad followed by more wiping down with plastic prep.I first used Dupli-Color Adhesion Promoter (Clear Primer) and then MarHyde Satin Black Trim paint since it is supposed to have flex agents in it.

I look forward to seeing your pictures!
Old 06-01-2007, 07:27 PM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

all sounds great! i actually blacked out my pony and fake gas cap with krylon fusion satin black and then clear coated it with krylon clearcoat. both spray cans. the pony has some chips in it from rocks and stuff, so i just patch it for the moment with a permanent marker until i figure out how to get a stronger coating on there. but the point is it looks MEAN. which is what i was going for. and OF COURSE i don't have any pictures of it!!!
Old 06-25-2007, 05:22 PM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

alright bozo, where are my friggin pictures!!!?????