Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wtf i failed inspection!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 09:00 PM
brendend
4th Gear Member

Default RE: wtf i failed inspection!

well. i returned the casper to stock for now and im going to ford in the morning. now it feels like shes limping around when i drive her. i cant wait to get my tune and cai back on. i knew it made a difference but i didnt think it was that big.

edit- i just started notice a rattel where the heat shield is under the passenger floor board and a little thunk in the rear passenger wheel area, should i mention that to them to? or is there nothing they can do about it?
Old 06-27-2007, 10:33 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

For you N.C. guys. Where did you guys get your cars inspected? I live here in Elizabeth City, and have never had to get my emissions inspected for a sticker. My last car didn't have any cats, smog pump or anything. I just got my last insp. last week. Do they only do the emission insp in the larger cities? They seemed much more worried about tint here than antthing else.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:28 PM
brendend
4th Gear Member

so i got her back today at 4, had a damn mazda 3 the whole day, kinda pissed about that but owell. as soon as i get her back, mind you shes still stock till monday when i go back for inspection, a 300c with hemi on the side wants to race, so i think about it, the light turns and we go, killed him, then maby a hour later a gti r3whatever wanted to race, light turns green, kill him. about 5 min ago i cut a camaro off(3rdgen) and he starts tailgaiting so i floor it, everytime i looked back he was atleast 3 car lenghts behind me, unless i was slowing down for a turn. so thats what, 2 1/2 kills?
Old 06-29-2007, 12:54 AM
BigDave
3rd Gear Member

I thought the emissions thing was state-wide in NC?? The first place I went was a large tire store/garage where I bought my tires. He would not inspect the car cause the "Mitchell" manual/database said that there was supposed to be an EGR valve on the GT (which isn't true). The second place was a chain inspection place around here called "Due Now." My front spoiler would not clear the ramps for his hoist, so he did not inspect it at all. The third place had a kid that just drooled at the supercharger...I thought I had it made, but when he hooked it up to the state computer via modem it gave the O2 sensors not ready message. Any legit place has to datalink to the state computer. It is hard to get around this in NC. I'm moving to Indiana in December. I might just take my chances with an expired sticker. I sent my tuner box (with the stock Ford tune in it) back to Kenne Bell for analysis of a possible defective box. They sent me a new one and said that they would put my old one "on the shelf" for me. But after a year and me trading in the replacement for a SCT2 box, I think I'm screwed for a stock tune file...
ANTONE OUT THERE WITH A "CDC3" TUNE FILE THAT YOU CAN EMAIL ME???