Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I almost died today (really)

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 01:35 AM
mightymouse
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: I almost died today (really)

Glad your not badly hurt.!!!
Old 06-29-2007, 01:44 AM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Thats why I pay the speed shop to do my installs. I just dont have the right equipement and I'm just feeling a little too old to get crushed by the car! Good to hear your okay, be careful and get rid of that blacktop it's evil!
Old 06-29-2007, 02:17 AM
S2Charlie
2nd Gear Member

Damn... I'm pretty sure my foot is actually broken now... It's puffy... the adrenaline of a car comin at me must've wore off, now I think I need crutches... at least I can get to the doctor fast... no wait... It's my right foot, and driving hurts too aww man
Old 06-29-2007, 02:18 AM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

Yikes! scary dude. I guess we can deduct from your story that Jack stands+hot weather+asphalt=bad news! I'm glad your ok. And, I'm glad my driveway is concrete
Old 06-29-2007, 02:18 AM
S2Charlie
2nd Gear Member

Maybe I'll use my day off to install my mufflers LOL
Old 06-29-2007, 02:20 AM
undefeated
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: S2Charlie

So I got my Corsa's today... heavy and cool looking. Anyway, I jacked the front up, inserted jack stands, jacked the back up, inserted Jack stands, decided to get the front higher so I blocked the jack and starting pumping. Well, with the hot day, and my blacktop, the jack sunk in on one side and the jack tipped over causing the whole front of the car to fall to the right, right on my foot! Had I parked 2 inches closer to the house, it would've crushed my torso, and just like in that movie, I would've told FoMoCo to "swing away". So as I type this with my sprained foot, I feel lucky that I didn't die but I'm really pissed off because jack stand 1 probably crushed something underneath (haven't checked yet) and jack stand 2 ripped my driver side plastic skirt off of it's bolts in the front. The morals of the story? BLACKTOP IS EVIL!!! and BUY RAMPS!!! ow....
Wow. Hate to hear that. I can't stand getting under my car even though I have to at times.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:27 AM
SonicBlue05GT
4th Gear Member

well at least you won't have a ***** answer as to how you broke your foot when people ask...

"a car fell on it."

badass.

lol.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:26 AM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

Glad to hear you're ok.

One favore though, can you tell me how you fixed your sideskirt? Lol the same thing happend to me, only i wasnt under the car, and my sideskirt ripped off. I pressed it on with whatever clips remained and werent broken, but there is still a very small gap and its annoying! If anyone know how i fix this is would greatly be appriciated.

Ps. Anyone know where i can buy some v-6 take off sideskirts?

ORIGINAL: S2Charlie

So I got my Corsa's today... heavy and cool looking. Anyway, I jacked the front up, inserted jack stands, jacked the back up, inserted Jack stands, decided to get the front higher so I blocked the jack and starting pumping. Well, with the hot day, and my blacktop, the jack sunk in on one side and the jack tipped over causing the whole front of the car to fall to the right, right on my foot! Had I parked 2 inches closer to the house, it would've crushed my torso, and just like in that movie, I would've told FoMoCo to "swing away". So as I type this with my sprained foot, I feel lucky that I didn't die but I'm really pissed off because jack stand 1 probably crushed something underneath (haven't checked yet) and jack stand 2 ripped my driver side plastic skirt off of it's bolts in the front. The morals of the story? BLACKTOP IS EVIL!!! and BUY RAMPS!!! ow....
Old 06-29-2007, 03:37 AM
StantheMan
2nd Gear Member

I waiting for my short throw Steeda shifting block to come in. Reading your thread I will make sure I take every precaution when I jack it up to install the shifter block. Think I will use ramps for the front, jack stands in the rear and do the install on the garage floor. Glad to hear you were not more seriously hurt. Keep us posted on the condition of your foot. 30 years ago an A$$Hole ran over my foot with a forklift, to this day the foot still bothers me.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:45 AM
jaxbelleil
2nd Gear Member

Dude, glad your ok...

Quick Reply: I almost died today (really)