Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B AMA VS. BREENSPEED RESULTS

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 10:28 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

Default RE: B AMA VS. BREENSPEED RESULTS

you can say that lol

ORIGINAL: nothsa

ORIGINAL: lldsandsll

ORIGINAL: moosestang

How can B@ma squeeze out 10 more hp and 12 ft lbs of torque than the other guys? I'd rather see results on a car with only CAI, because that's basically what I have. I'm certainly not going to pay B@ma $75 because your car made 10 more hp using their tune.

Were these all for 93 oct? Notice any pinging with any of the tunes?
maybe B@MA is superior. i got better results than his b@ma tune on my dyno tune and i have fewer mods (though i got 17" wheels).

mod list: mbrp axle back w/out mufflers, JLT CAI and that's it.

check out the sheet:
the temp was over 100, humidity was close to 20%
Well gee, did somebody justlearn the difference between a dyno tune and amail order tune file?
Old 07-07-2007, 10:48 PM
partsbill
3rd Gear Member

never heard any pinging, I've run bp, mobil, and chevron and never had a problem.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:49 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

btw, how do u compute crank hp from rwhp?
Old 07-07-2007, 10:51 PM
tom281
2nd Gear Member

Yes, I did read the original post. My point is very simple: by you posting numbers such as these all you are going to do is give someone the impression that aDoug tune is by far better than anything else available. Look at some of the posts in this thread already- wow a 10 horse difference, sounds likeDoug is the way to go, etc. If you don't think that your inaccurate, unjustified dyno results are gonna influence people, then you're pretty naive. I gotta agree with nothsa on this one.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:31 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lldsandsll

btw, how do u compute crank hp from rwhp?
Crank HP * .85 = RWHP (taking out .15 as parasitic loss)
RWHP /.85 = Crank hp
Old 07-08-2007, 12:08 AM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

thanks!!
Old 07-08-2007, 12:10 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Maybe I read the original post wrong, but I read that these were all tested on the same dyno and same day.

ORIGINAL: tom281

Yes, I did read the original post. My point is very simple: by you posting numbers such as these all you are going to do is give someone the impression that aDoug tune is by far better than anything else available. Look at some of the posts in this thread already- wow a 10 horse difference, sounds likeDoug is the way to go, etc. If you don't think that your inaccurate, unjustified dyno results are gonna influence people, then you're pretty naive. I gotta agree with nothsa on this one.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:24 AM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CLUBSFIT

Seems very low w/my mods, but although corrected, it was 95 degrees, and very humid.

The other thing was all tunes ran 13 to 1 air/fuel. Will I pick anything up adding more fuel?

And what is the max you should have your rev. limiter??
05 GT 5SP. C&L,PULLEY,4:10,19LB DRIVESHAFT,OFF ROAD PROCHAMBER,GTA'S,20" STAGGERED OZ WHEELS,TUNES

AmI missing something?You have Intake, Pulleys,Prochamber, and 19 lb driveshaftthat usually add. GTA Mufflers that are a wash. 4.10 gears andHeavy Wheels usually hurt numbers. I thinkyour numbers are excellent for your mods.

NA bestpower numbers usually occuraround 13.2 AFR in these engines.However 12.7 doesnt cost much power. If theAFR is from a snifferthey usually read a little leaner (0.3?) than a sensorcloser to the ports.

Both JDM's and Justin Burcham's testing has shown thatthe valvetrain is stable to atleast 7000 rpm whenna or low boost. As boost rises therpm the valvetrain is stable at starts tofall. JDM sets the limiters on their 8-10 psi cars to 6800 rpm. On a nacar I would feel safe with a 7000 rpm limiter and a 6800 rpm shift point.If your the conservative type 6800 rpmlimiter with a 6500 rpm shift point.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:43 AM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CLUBSFIT

I would expect a little more maybe ubt you do have 20's so that can account for some loses....the numbers are suprising...i was expecting them to be within a few HP....not 10!

I know, and if you could see the graph the 3-4500rpm range difference is huge, and at the end of the graph the B ama is still pulling, and the others are starting to flatten out!
I wonder if theB ama Tune has a more aggressive timing curve around 3500-4000 rpm and keeps it from detonation by starting the cam retard at 3500 rpm instead of 4500 rpm. Supposedly these engines are capable of 60* of cam retard so I have to wonder if the B ama tune is also running more cam retard above 6000 rpm in concert with different ignition timing to compliment.

I would caution others against reading to much into these results. Your car just by chance happens to resemble the car(s) Doug used to develop his tune rather than Brent's. No VMP Test? I really like Justin's Tunes although I will likely go with Doug (I only live an hour away). The reason the Blue Oval felt faster was they likely modified the tables to command more throttle body opening for the same pedal movement.

I use 0.88/0.82 on a Dynojet for rough approximation of fwhp depending on stick or juice box. Since we dont have a baseline 334 bhp isnt bad compared to the stock ratingof 300 bhp.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:08 AM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

I've never run a mail order tune. I've only done dyno tunes so far. We have at least three reputable shops within 20 miles of me that tune nothing but mustangs. If you get the opportunity the dyno tune is the way to go. However, if there isn't a reputable shop near to you it sure looks likes any of these Brent or B ama tunes would definetly work!

Quick Reply: B AMA VS. BREENSPEED RESULTS