Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fastest way to get C&L intake and tune?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 08:57 PM
User 113021
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Fastest way to get C&L intake and tune?

How long does it typically take doug at B@ma to send out the tuner?
Old 07-15-2007, 05:33 AM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: zep06

is this really as good as they say? (of course it never is but still)
i was looking at the C&L kit w/ tuner and they are saying they went 12.8... i dont really care about that, but what is yalls opinion on the tunes that the tuners come preset with? it seems like a pretty good deal, and i really want to get a cai and tune my car...
http://www.brenspeed.com/mustang_2005/airkittuner.html
I love my C&L CAI/bren 93 tune...but I don't know how they got that 12.8...maybe drag radials and absolutely PERFECT driving, maybe they're not mentioning a gear swap, or maybe they were running a race-only tune that may damage a car if used for daily driving (if such a possibility exists/IDK too much about tuning except where to plug it in lol...)
Old 07-15-2007, 06:37 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

They were using slicks, stock gears. I'm sure they didn't get that on their first run either.

ORIGINAL: s197richie

ORIGINAL: zep06

is this really as good as they say? (of course it never is but still)
i was looking at the C&L kit w/ tuner and they are saying they went 12.8... i dont really care about that, but what is yalls opinion on the tunes that the tuners come preset with? it seems like a pretty good deal, and i really want to get a cai and tune my car...
http://www.brenspeed.com/mustang_2005/airkittuner.html
I love my C&L CAI/bren 93 tune...but I don't know how they got that 12.8...maybe drag radials and absolutely PERFECT driving, maybe they're not mentioning a gear swap, or maybe they were running a race-only tune that may damage a car if used for daily driving (if such a possibility exists/IDK too much about tuning except where to plug it in lol...)
Old 07-15-2007, 08:18 AM
joemagna
2nd Gear Member

Got an email back from Justin at VMP. Says he can get the Racer CAI out on monday with a customemail tune for $50. Excuse my ignorance but, what is an email tune. Does this imply that I already have a tuner and i would just upload the tune to the tuner, then the car. Or ya think he means that it comes on the tuner that I would purchase from him.

I already sent him a reply email, but figured he may not check emails on sunday so I thought i'd ask the forum guys here since i have nothing better to do on a sunday.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:28 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

He might mean that he'll go ahead and ship the tuner with the CAI so you'll have it, then email the tune to you and you'll have to load it. It's easy to do with the sct live load software available online, which is free.

I'm not sure how long it takes to right a tune for each car, but sending the tuner before hand and having you download it to the tuner would give him extra time.

ORIGINAL: joemagna

Got an email back from Justin at VMP. Says he can get the Racer CAI out on monday with a customemail tune for $50. Excuse my ignorance but, what is an email tune. Does this imply that I already have a tuner and i would just upload the tune to the tuner, then the car. Or ya think he means that it comes on the tuner that I would purchase from him.

I already sent him a reply email, but figured he may not check emails on sunday so I thought i'd ask the forum guys here since i have nothing better to do on a sunday.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:31 AM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

^^^ I know how ya feel...I wish it were Monday so I could order my FRPP 4.10s and install kit (my boss's fiance works at Lincoln-Merc so I can get a better price)...
...yeah, an email tune would only work if you have an existing tuner...for instance brenspeed sends you an email with links to the drivers, then you download the attached tunes to your computer (my documentsetc), then you run the driver programs (mine showed up in "all programs"), and select which tune you want to upload, plug thetuner into a usb port via supplied cable and follow prompts. I'm pretty DUH when it comes to this stuff (lucky to figure out how to do an avatar lol) so if I can do it anyone can. But if you don't have a tuner, the tuner that you order would be already have tunes on it, so you'd just plug it into the obd2 and upload. Hope my explanation was OK, like I said I'm not a cpu guy...
Old 07-15-2007, 08:33 AM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: joemagna

Joe,
Yes, this implies that you already have an XCal, and he would send you a tune file to load onto it. Normally, if you are buying both the Intake and Tuner, it will include three tunes at time of shipment. That being said, you WILL NOT be disappointed with Justin's tunes.....My 91 tune from Justin is a monster....

Mike
Old 07-15-2007, 09:04 AM
joemagna
2nd Gear Member

XCELLANT replies! I really appreciate the detailed information guys!

It is kinda what I thought, but wasnt sure. And thanks for reaffirming that Justin has sick tunes!

He stated he could get a the racer version out on monday, which ive read alot about the debate between racer and street version. I would prefer the street version but...... i know if i got the racer, i will be investing in some headers and more mods soon! hehe.. just another excuse to buy more.

thanks again!