Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ford better step up...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 07:49 AM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

Default ford better step up...

Im getting so sick of companies rushing products out to us, only to deliver crap... Not saying the Mustang is a piece of crap... Just saying that the quality and customer care of Ford is atrocious. I don't personally have any problems with my stang, but reading on here, I am a little nervous about my warranty running out. I know that the people on this site only represent a fraction of the mustangs sold worldwide and we are all enthusiasts, as such we are much more picky than the average owner. However, there are problems with this vehicle and too many of them are happening too often! Battery drain, Shaker HU crapping out, suspension thunking, water leaks, rattles, squeeks, and noises, the list goes on and on... When is Ford going to step up and fix all this crap? Whatis Microsoft doing about all the Xbox 360's crapping out? They are spending $1 billion (yes with a B) to fix them. Same goes for the PS3. This works for almost any other company. Whenever my DodgeRam had something go wrong, they would look into it and usually fixed it for free, I never even had a warranty on that truck, Daimler-Chrysler realized that although the warranty had run out, it was only afour year old vehicle and things on it shouldn't be falling off!

Like I said, I don't have the troubles that most do with my car and I am thankful, but everytime I hear about a problem arising with someones car, I worry that I am going to find it on my car,NEXT July, after the warranty is gone. Is this car worth the stress and anguish of owning it?
Old 07-20-2007, 08:12 AM
myredgt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: ford better step up...

You need to get a hobby. Seriosuly. When you have nothing to do, the human mind, as complex as it is, over works all your thoughts and gets you all choked up usually over nothing. Yes, cars will have problems, they are made by man and man is not perfect. the Mustang recently won the highest quality in its class award and also has the highest resale value in its class. If they were so horrible, neither of those would have happened.

Just relax. If it worries you that much, sell it and regret making that decision for the rest of your life.

There. Think about that for a while and that will take up the rest of your day. You won't have to worry about a hobby like washing your car, waxing your car, driving your car, watching people stare in awe of your car.......

[8D]

- C
Old 07-20-2007, 09:23 AM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

this is why companies like Ford hate the internet, and who can blame them. You have no problems with your car....you would otherwise be a happy customer....but you are all pi$$ed off at.....tellus what, again? Stuff you read on a message board that largely exists for the purpose of venting and asking questions about problems?

The mustang and this forum are quite typical of other cars and other forums. Relax and enjoy your apparently trouble-free and quality ride.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:13 AM
Leoleo
3rd Gear Member

Hey, I own three Fords. Any problems, my delaership take care of it. Usally under a Warrenty or Maintance plan, So I pay nothing or for things that I do need to pay for, I get a better price then elsewhere. And I look. Even better then other delaerships. I have had problems with my cars. But I have always had Ford take care of them. They even notified me of brake problems on my Freestyle and Fivehunred. Took care of it, and even more, at no cost. I owned Hondas for 20 years before 2006, and I will now only buy Fords.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:32 AM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

Alot of problems exist because parts get redesigned. Either by the engineers to cut cost or by the out sourced manufacturer used to make the spacific part.
Engineers will design build test and prove something. Then the bean counter come in and say they need to cut the cost of that part by 5 dollars. They redesign it and now problems will arise. This happened with the 6.0 liter diesel's trans. They built it and proved it for 5 years putting 1,500 ftlbs of torque on them and not having a singal problem. Then they had to lower the cost and the only way was to use less material for the case. Now we're seeing them come in with the cases cracking. Parts are alwaysgetting changed. But if they did build a perfect car that never broke, I would be out of a job. The fusion and Edge so far have had very few problems.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:00 AM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

never said i was pissed...simply stating the facts... a lot of things go wrong with these cars, well any product... MOST companies fix it, they cut their losses to make the consumer happy, Ford isn't doing that. One instance is the scratched window/window tint... are they doing anything about it? Nope just telling the consumer oh well, dont tint it!WTF?!?! mine came with tint, even has a little stamp on it that says "original equipment"

I understand the "no car is perfect" arguement and i understand that i might worry about things a little more than some of you... but i am neither independantly wealthy nor do mommy and daddy pay for my crap, so when i purchase something i expect it to last... when and if i run into any of the problems so commonly discussed on this forum, i will get it fixed... As for now i will just sit in my little corner and continue reading complaints...
Old 07-20-2007, 11:41 AM
myredgt
3rd Gear Member

Feng Houzi
Date 7/20/2007 9:00:18 AM

when and if i run into any of the problems so commonly discussed on this forum, i will get it fixed... As for now i will just sit in my little corner and continue reading complaints...
Like I said, find something to do. Get a life. take your non-defective Mustang out and go to the park, the swimming pool, get a girlfriend. I wish I just had a bunch of extra time to do nothing and stare a computer. if I did, I would play Day of Defeat: Source or somehting else besides complain about my perfect car. Wow.

Idle hands.... [&:]

I think I will follow your lead and go to a medical website, maybe cancer, or just a common cold site, and complain some on there. I will tell them I am in perfect health, but it's ridiculous that I *might* get sick one day and that someone should do something about it! Just makes me sick.... [&:][&:][&:]
Old 07-20-2007, 11:51 AM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

I always say, owning a mustang (fast fun v8 for about 25 grand) is a lot like dating a hotbimbo...sure, there are things you would change if you could, but for the most part it's a good time as long as you don't go into the relationship with unrealistic expectations...yes things will eventually break, more often if you mod and/or beat on your car...but most/all of us knew this going in...

If it's fast and cheap it ain't reliable
If it's cheap and reliable it ain't fast
If it's reliable and fast it ain't cheap

try not to worry about it...everything's gonna be ok...
Old 07-20-2007, 11:53 AM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: myredgt

Feng Houzi
Date 7/20/2007 9:00:18 AM

when and if i run into any of the problems so commonly discussed on this forum, i will get it fixed... As for now i will just sit in my little corner and continue reading complaints...
Like I said, find something to do. Get a life. take your non-defective Mustang out and go to the park, the swimming pool, get a girlfriend. I wish I just had a bunch of extra time to do nothing and stare a computer. if I did, I would play Day of Defeat: Source or somehting else besides complain about my perfect car. Wow.

Idle hands.... [&:]

I think I will follow your lead and go to a medical website, maybe cancer, or just a common cold site, and complain some on there. I will tell them I am in perfect health, but it's ridiculous that I *might* get sick one day and that someone should do something about it! Just makes me sick.... [&:][&:][&:]
God of war makes the time go by lol................I would have to say +1 on this one, every car maker has issue's sometimes they do what they can to fix them sometimes they dont. Cant see sitting around waiting for it to break
Old 07-20-2007, 12:02 PM
blitzed589
2nd Gear Member

Sounds like the mustang is not for you. If all this stuff that you read here where people come from all over the states and even other countries to talk about problem obviously your going to hear about a lot of problems. At the same time there are many of us that have not experienced a single problem, like me. Not a single thing has gone wrong, and when something does, because thats just what a sports car at a decent price does, we fix it. If your not willing to do that then go buy a dodge skittle. No one wants to hear about problems with these cars that we all know about and have more then most accepted.Sure your just venting, but it does sound like a mustang is not for you. Get something else, wait for the new camaro do what it takes to make you happy. Complaining to us about what Fords doing wrong is not going to change anything nor will Ford take into account what is said on this forum. So besides venting your post is useless. Good job waisting your time.

Quick Reply: ford better step up...