Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Future Mustang driver -- few questions...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 09:20 PM
_Zewp_

Default RE: Future Mustang driver -- few questions...

ORIGINAL: Mikes_BLK_GT

ORIGINAL: _Zewp_

naive
think what you want...................or just try thinking period
I'm not sure where that pent up anger is coming from? You must be mad you bought an auto.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:21 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

naive
think what you want...................or just try thinking period
I'm not sure where that pent up anger is coming from? You must be mad you bought an auto.
eh, I tried to yank Mike's chain about his auto when we first met...it doesn't work lol...
Old 07-20-2007, 10:04 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

LOL Richie....I'll put my up auto againstyour maual any days........same mods and I betmy auto will win, I dont care how good you are, humans are still slower at shifting.

[sm=chairshot.gif]
Old 07-20-2007, 10:13 PM
sarNz
2nd Gear Member

its understandable where you're coming from. im only 20 and i would be doing the same thing as you if i had the money. making up a dream list of all the things id want to do to my car, etc. like you said, most of it probably wont even happen, with the supercharger and everything else. but if you're planning on getting a new GT, supercharging it, body kit, the whole 9 yards, get a shelby! (if you could find one for MSRP)

my car is slow (1998 civic) ok so it's VERY slow. I bought it because of <sigh> need for speed underground. But it's still got it's 15 inch hubcaps and no money put into it, so at least I resisted that urge. I appreciate my car even though I want a new one soooo bad. I screw around in it, but the best part is that I am limited in my screwing around because it's so slow. Donuts? FWD? Nope. Instead I wait till it snows or go into an empty gravel parking lot and ram on the e-brake for my cheap thrills. Burnouts? 100 HP? Nope. Can't smoke the tires but I can make em screech at least. I don't race because I know how slow it is but I do drive fast on the highway. It pretty much tops out at 95 miles an hour (it's got more in the RPMs but the engine just kind of stops pulling) I usually go about 80-85 in the left lane but usually not 90. The best part is that it's a ****ty car so it FEELS fast. And sometimes fear is a good thing!

anyways, these are some things that i think can answer some questions:

for drifting -
i'm pretty sure you would want the body as stiff as possible so that you're not flexing it. maybe this doesnt have much of an effect though if the tires are broken loose the whole time. but if it is the case, then you definitely wouldn't want a convertible.

if you do that, you're going to need some tight *** suspension, which will probably make daily driving in it suck. along with gas money from a supercharger...

when drifting, you want tires with good traction. drifting is just controlled loss of control. so when you really lose control you want the car to do what you want it to do. also, ABS? you drift with the brakes on? it's all throttle!

for flames -
im pretty sure besides the automatic flame shooter things, that the flames come out when you are running rich and not all the gas combusts in the cylinder, and some leaves through the exhaust. then, at the light at the end of the tunnel, the heat + uncombusted fuel + the oxygen from outside gives you flames.

for racing -
if you're going to be running a supercharger AND nitrous then you have to build your whole motor. From reading people around here it doesn't sound like they would push their cars past 450 hp on stock internals. sooo that is $$$.

if you want to go fast, if you want a cool car, if you already want forged internals and a supercharger, get an 03 termie and upgrade it to a kenne bell. if you wanna go drifting maybe you could replace the IRS with a solid axle? I dono.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:43 AM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

LOL Richie....I'll put my up auto againstyour maual any days........same mods and I betmy auto will win, I dont care how good you are, humans are still slower at shifting.

[sm=chairshot.gif]
if we both had drag radials yeah you would definitely pull on me...
Old 07-21-2007, 09:20 AM
Vernon Tull
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Timitar

You spelled judgment wrong.
I understand where you're coming from, young Timitar. I fully understand you, and I'm practically an old man. I won't get on your case like some of the others, but in truthI had to smile at your original post. When I was 17, I would have -- if there had been such a thing as the Internet then --taken the time to write out several overly-ambitious, far-fetched questions in organized form with good grammar . . . and then corrected someone's spelling in a later post. It's funny to see myself in a young person who wants to have a coolcarand occasionally drive fast. No judgment or condemnation here, friend.