Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TCS... what tcs...

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 12:35 AM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

Default TCS... what tcs...

What a great system. Cuts the fuel when I went from 2nd to 3rd on the drag strip, screwing up a run that could have gotten me into the high 13's for my 3rd ever run. Yet it pretty much lets me go ALL over the road when I hit the gas a bit too enthusiastically after going trough a puddle tonight.

And before that, on the same day, I nearly get hit by a scion I didn't see while pulling out of the parking lot. Cars parked everywhere, thought it was free... but it was not. The scion had to break, and it was hardly a dangerous situation. Unless I had pulled out a fraction of a second later. I raise my hand saying sorry while gunning it to get out of the way. Perfect tyre roasting drift. The reason I know this is I looked back in the mirrorand saw the smoke raise up from the ground. But again, with TCS on. What is up with this? Is mine BROKE or something?!

And I had this BIG *** rock hit the front bumper + light as it bounced off into other traffic. Minor scratches, buff-able I think, but it made my day a little worse. Could have injured myself, could have busted up the car... and this semi flies that rock at me and scores a direct hit. Not a good day for me... not a good day at all...
Old 07-21-2007, 12:42 AM
Catman7965

Default RE: TCS... what tcs...

T: Traction C: Control S: system
Old 07-21-2007, 12:46 AM
05Stang4Me
2nd Gear Member

Don't know what to tell you. My TCS works fine. I run mine most of the time, but on occation I will cut it off. I had a 4.0 Mustang first and I think the TCS was more noticable on it than my GT. Maybe you need to have yours checked out.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:47 AM
chays446
2nd Gear Member

you might be getting your ON and OFF mixed up???
Old 07-21-2007, 12:51 AM
oshkoshbajawsh
I ♥ Acer

i have mine off except in snow, ice, and rain. so... off when its dry.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:02 AM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

Hell no... I don't touch my TCS at all. And the default is on, when you pressthe buttonyou'll see the "OFF" light up. So it is on.
I am going to try and see if I can make it go on, because if it really does not work at all I need to get it fixed. It's supposed to be there to help you stay out of those situations.

I recovered fine, but still... I was tired after work, and it could have cost me dearly. Now it was more of a warning.
"Don't let your guard down, get to comfortable with me, or I will teach you a lesson you will never forget"
Old 07-21-2007, 01:09 AM
bermbasher

just what i was going to ask. does it rob thatt much power? went to track last week and made 4 runs and didnt turn it off, is that why i might have run an average of 15.3. with a best of 15.1. hit the mpg button after fill up with 87 tune and was avg 22mpg. turned off tcs tonight on my way home from work and avg 28. go figure.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:14 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

TCS has nothing to do with MPG........its simply prevents the tires from spinning but cutting throttle.....if the tire are spinning at the same rate it wont kick in as often.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:14 AM
doode
3rd Gear Member

ive had weird experiences with the TCS as well

once in the rain, i was waiting to turn left and decided to shoot a gap

gave it some gas, quite a bit of slip with the clutch, next thing you know im sideways *** hanging waaaaaaaaay out to the right

scared the **** out of me and caught me by surprise because i thought TCS would shut down everything

in a straight line in the rain it has no problem doing that
Old 07-21-2007, 04:06 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

If you really want to see if it's working just jack up the back of the car and try to accelerate. Your tires will start to spin then you hear the brakes grab and your revs will start to drop.