Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Braking problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 01:24 PM
06DropTopGT
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Braking problems

Try to simulate the conditions again and if it still bothers you have the brake system inspected.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:27 PM
TrIpOd
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06DropTopGT

Try to simulate the conditions again and if it still bothers you have the brake system inspected.
its happened before but i was just too lazy to do anything about it. when i get my new rims in november im going to order new pads and braided lines.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:39 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Have you thought about the hawk ceramic pads? I was thinking of trying those myself, along with braided lines and the Baer 14" rotor(pricey but fit the stock caliper)depending on fit with the stock 18" wheels.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:43 PM
TrIpOd
3rd Gear Member

ive heard the ceramic pads grind down your rotors pretty bad. and the hawk hps have a lot of dust. i dont mind a little more dust for better stopping performance
Old 08-07-2007, 03:49 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scramblr

If you were doing spirited driving, you probably got some brake fade. The bumpy slow down was more than likely the ABS doing it's job. You'd be amazed what some performance pads and stainless steel brake lines will do for you. Run you less than $300 and much improved braking. Beats the hell out of spending $1000+ on a big brake kit.
This is most likely what happened.

I know many do not believe in Slotted and Drilled Rotors but they do help braking. Combine those with some pads and some Stainless Braided Lines and you will get a nice improvement in braking. The stock pads are actually decent pads. I am running them with some slotted and drilled rotors and the rotors alone helped with braking a tad bit.

Rotropros are the most cost effective solution. http://rotorpros.com/index.htm

You can get all 4 for around 250-300 Depends on if you get his base rotors or the Premium. Here are the Premiums I have. I also have a set of Aekebono pads that I will install at some point as I will also be upgrading to the Braided lines also

Richard
Old 08-07-2007, 03:50 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

I wondered about that with ceramic, I'd rather have dust than worn out rotors. Especially if I go with the more expensive baer set I'm looking at.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:53 PM
TrIpOd
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06GT4RAD

ORIGINAL: scramblr

If you were doing spirited driving, you probably got some brake fade. The bumpy slow down was more than likely the ABS doing it's job. You'd be amazed what some performance pads and stainless steel brake lines will do for you. Run you less than $300 and much improved braking. Beats the hell out of spending $1000+ on a big brake kit.
This is most likely what happened.

I know many do not believe in Slotted and Drilled Rotors but they do help braking. Combine those with some pads and some Stainless Braided Lines and you will get a nice improvement in braking. The stock pads are actually decent pads. I am running them with some slotted and drilled rotors and the rotors alone helped with braking a tad bit.

Rotropros are the most cost effective solution. http://rotorpros.com/index.htm

You can get all 4 for around 250-300 Depends on if you get his base rotors or the Premium. Here are the Premiums I have. I also have a set of Aekebono pads that I will install at some point as I will also be upgrading to the Braided lines also

Richard
do those fit on the stock calipers?
Old 08-07-2007, 04:05 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

As far as I know they areoem size so yes they should fit the oem caliper. Reason I'm looking at the baer is they are 14", the rotorpro's are enticing though because you can get a set of 4 for alot less than the baer's and I'm not sure how much of an upgrade I really need. I just know I need something because my brakes dont instill confidence IMO.

Not much of a site if you ask me though, you have to email them for pricing, may as well call I suppose
Old 08-07-2007, 07:04 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

Yes these rotors fit with the stock calipers.

Do not let the lack of a fancy designed website make up your mind on the Rotors Pros. Why should he spend money on a fancy website when his goal is to offer us the best price available on these rotors.

I know these rotors first hand the Premium version he sells is made by a company called Centric and I use this brand at the auto shop i am at and they are top notch rotors. And Rich's pricing on this is insane. I could not even get two rotors at my wholesale cost for what i purchased all four from him at.

Also the Premiums that i purchased from him have the hub area powder coated in black not painted. He offers a lower priced version that are painted but I can assure you even those are quality rotors and I would not hesitate one second to go with those either. He also has pads he can sell you at a a great price. Also these rotors are directional so you should ask him which way they go prior to install.

Also if you call him you will get a faster response. Be patient sometimes it take a few days for him to call. He is all by himself.

Richard