Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 GT Order F'ed up

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 12:05 PM
lqdslvr
1st Gear Member

Default RE: 08 GT Order F'ed up

As an update, I carefully examined my fax to them this morning when I got to work, and it is correct. I even included the order codes for them from the build guide and I double checked the accuracy of those.

I now have calls in to both the sales manager and the salesman, but they are in the Friday meeting.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:16 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

THe Premier trim requieres the complete dash assembly to be replaced. There is no way I would want the dealership doing that to my brand new car ... it will be rattle and creak city for as long as you own the car.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:42 PM
frdfrst
2nd Gear Member

has to be either EARNHARDT OR BERGE.niether are worth a da-e.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:57 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

It amazes me the amount of incompetant monkeys out there that manage to land important jobs, like ordering someone's own personal dream car. Can't Ford screen these morons a little better???? Maybe an aptitude test????

Seriously now...
Old 08-24-2007, 10:59 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

I built mine at the dealer and had NO problems. You win some and lose some
Old 08-24-2007, 11:07 PM
Rt1Rebel
3rd Gear Member

Maybe it's something simple, like they just sent you the wrong window sticker. Hey, that's as probable as them building the wrong damn car. I wouldn't take it if it's not what you ordered.Good luck.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:39 PM
lqdslvr
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the support, guys. Here's an update.

Earlier today, I spoke with the sales manager (he's the friend who is also the husband of my wife's friend). Ironically, I picked both our daughters up from school today so I had the resist the urge to start the call with "If you ever want to see . . ." Anyway, he confirmed that, yes, somewhere along the way it got screwed up. He spoke with the inventory manager who insisted that he ordered it correctly, but had a couple of technical theories about how the computer may have defaulted to [blah, blah--technical crap]. In any event, they recognize how much effort I put into detailing exactly what I wanted, so they want to make it right. Obviously, taking the one that's not right isn't one of the options. So he gave me two options:

1) They have an alotment for another one that I can reorder and it will be here in 5 weeks (about two weeks after I turn in my current car). If I choose this option, they will give me a loaner Stang for the two weeks I am carless. My only hesitation is that if I get a loaner stang for two weeks, I'm liable to put a couple of thousand miles on it driving it like I stole it and turn it in with no tread left on the rear tires.

2) They can do a regional search for a comparable car and do a dealer trade. I vacillated about some of my options given mymodding plans (should I really pay for 18 inch fanblades and a 3.55 rear end if I am going to get new rims within a year and 4.10's within a few months). I also agonized about color, picking black over vapor and candy apple red, but any of those three would be fine. Ironically, I really had only 4 options that were mandatory and premier trim was one of them.

So given these two choices, I'm going to the dealership in the morning and we're going to do a search. If I find something that excites me, then we'll do option 2. If not, we'll do option 1.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:33 AM
nkx1
2nd Gear Member

You can search the dealersyourself on Ford's site if so desired. It is time consuming for dealers outside of a 25 mile radius from you, but if you're going to be wasting time at the dealer anyway, what's the difference. Although if the dealer has a way of more quickly performing the search, then I guess that would obviously be the way to go.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:46 AM
lqdslvr
1st Gear Member

Yeah, I've spent a bit of time searching the Ford site, but it's time consuming because they return anything close and you have to exam every vehicle.I did find an almost perfect car in Santa Monica, but that's a different region and it gets complicated for the trade according to mysale guy.The delearship has a more accurate system that can get very specific with the results and can also see further out.