Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ambient lighting package

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 11:20 PM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: ambient lighting package

ORIGINAL: GT Newbie

ORIGINAL: MartyMoose

ORIGINAL: tbirdscwd

Can you say Rice?
Or howzabout "kitsch"...?
What's "kitsch"?
It's a synonym for "tacky"- like for those black velvet and day-glo Elvis wall hangings, garden gnomes, bobble-head dolls, etc., etc.
JMO of course, but I think the ambient lighting looks gay to the max and really cheapens the Stang.
Got it, thanks.

I'm on the fence with the ambient lighting: It seems to look neat in the pic above but I won't mod it into my '07. Also, I believe it's an optionfor '08? If I were in the market I'm not sure I'd buy the upgrade - that being said without having seen it first-hand. I would, however, and out of curiosity, like to see some real-world pics postd here in MF whenever someone does get it.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:26 PM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ohnoesaz

HMMMM so maybe I can get those tan leather seat covers from Ford? Either way I would then have to get a tan dash kit, and the money starts adding up.

Nevermind.

Actually, I really liked those two-toned seats as well, and tried to get the two-tone dove gray & black leather seats when I ordered my stang (back in October '06). But the dealer told me no can do- because they were only available if I would order the whole "Cali Special" package (which I didn't like at all because of those ricey fake-*** hood and side scoops.
Yeah, two-toned seats are nice. I'd like to have black with red inserts instead of the all red seats. I might mod that later on.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:33 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

HMMMM so maybe I can get those tan leather seat covers from Ford? Either way I would then have to get a tan dash kit, and the money starts adding up.

Nevermind.

Actually, I really liked those two-toned seats as well, and tried to get the two-tone dove gray & black leather seats when I ordered my stang (back in October '06). But the dealer told me no can do- because they were only available if I would order the whole "Cali Special" package (which I didn't like at all because of those ricey fake-*** hood and side scoops.
Yeah, two-toned seats are nice. I'd like to have black with red inserts instead of the all red seats. I might mod that later on.

I'm pretty sure the red & black combo are only available on the Shelby GT 500, but who knows, like they say: "money talks"......
Old 09-03-2007, 12:05 AM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

Nevermind.

I'm pretty sure the red & black combo are only available on the Shelby GT 500, but who knows, like they say: "money talks"......
I'd keep the OE seats and re-cover them. There's a mod-shop in my area that subs out this kind of work - their craftsmanship looks very nice and durable, as does the material. Not high on my mod list though [actually, not on (today's)list].
Old 09-03-2007, 12:59 AM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

the cupholder effect is sweet