Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED HELP ASAP!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 02:41 PM
Daniel06GT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: NEED HELP ASAP!!

Yes I am getting power to the car the radio works and the lights turn on. It just doesn't start. i think it has something to do with the Computer, it's locked up and won't let me turn the car on... is there a way to reset the CPU?
Old 09-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Daniel06GT
3rd Gear Member

Any other ideas?
Old 09-07-2007, 03:02 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

This is strange. First thing you should do is dissconnect the raptor, reflash your tune (I'm assuming you have a tuner) and see if the car flashes back to normal. I am now thinking more along the lines of Dex in that you grounded or shorted something out. Also check your fuse box as standard procedure to make sure you didn't blow any and if you still have problems after the reflash, then check the supply to make sure you didn't short or ground it out.

If you don't have a tuner, try dissconnecting the battery for 15 minutes and then hooking it back up.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Daniel06GT
3rd Gear Member

Ok I unplugged everything and left it like it was before I messed with anything I don't have a tuner so I just unplugged the negative on the battery and will leave unplugged for 15 minutes, I'll let you guys know what's up.

Thanks
Old 09-07-2007, 03:41 PM
Daniel06GT
3rd Gear Member

Ok so I waited the 15 minutes plugged the battery back in checked the fuse box and 2 were blown.I replaced them other fuses in the box of the same number and my car starts!!! Took my car out for a test drive and it feels super slow and it isn't running right, two things come to mind cyclinder 8 isn't working due to me taping into it for the raptor or the missing fuses are making my car not run right.... now I checked the wire on cylinder 8 the white with red stripe and it isn't cut it, it's only the plastic on the outside that's cut but the wire is ok. any ideas?
Old 09-07-2007, 03:45 PM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

This is why i dont do **** myself. I am not to good with cars and dont feel like F**cking **** up. I really hope you didnt do anything serious, check other fuses is the only thing i can think of. CEL on when you drive?
Old 09-07-2007, 03:56 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

Wait... you're driving it without all the fuses in the fuse box in place? Don't do that.

Get someone to take you to the auto parts store and make sure you're running with all fuses in place.

Old 09-07-2007, 03:58 PM
Daniel06GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kenthicken

Wait... you're driving it without all the fuses in the fuse box in place? Don't do that.

Get someone to take you to the auto parts store and make sure you're running with all fuses in place.

Oops already did that, only once though. I'm waiting for my g/f to come pick me up so I can go and purchase some fuses. Hope I didn't do anything else to **** it up.

-DG
Old 09-07-2007, 04:01 PM
06steeda
2nd Gear Member

Also make sure you are grounded properly (as Dex mentioned) Over the weekend we put a Roush front facia on a friends car, and didn't use a proper ground. The same thing happened. Car started, but when we put the lights on it stalled, funniest thing. We went through fuses and electrical system with multimeter after removing aftermarket harness, installed grounding wire on known grounding source, and everthing worked fine. Hope this helps, good luck.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:15 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Daniel,
Sorry you are having issues with it. I have a couple of questions.....

1. Did you disconnect the battery before you started wiring the Raptor? Sounds like you didn't.

2. You said something about after you wired the Raptor, you started the car, it started ok, but then when you turned on the Raptor, the car died. I am not familiar with the Raptor having an on / off switch.Did you do something different with it?

3. Any particular reason for wiring the Raptor where you did, as opposed to using an Add a Circuit in the fuse panel on the passenger side?? Just curious....

Good luck with it,
Mike

Quick Reply: NEED HELP ASAP!!