Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED HELP ASAP!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 04:15 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

Default RE: NEED HELP ASAP!!

I think the fuses will solve the problem. But, disconnect your battery again for 15 minutes to reset.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:48 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

Yea, replace those fuses before you drive! If youre properly grounded then the short will be in the shifter light. if thats the case you need to send it back.

As some of the other guys mentioned...Unless you know what youre doing, dont do it. I think its great you tried yourself but next time make sure you have someone around who can properly do it. good luck
Old 09-07-2007, 04:51 PM
Daniel06GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mlcrycc

Daniel,
Sorry you are having issues with it. I have a couple of questions.....

1. Did you disconnect the battery before you started wiring the Raptor? Sounds like you didn't.

2. You said something about after you wired the Raptor, you started the car, it started ok, but then when you turned on the Raptor, the car died. I am not familiar with the Raptor having an on / off switch.Did you do something different with it?

3. Any particular reason for wiring the Raptor where you did, as opposed to using an Add a Circuit in the fuse panel on the passenger side?? Just curious....

Good luck with it,
Mike

Hi Mike;

1. No I didn't disconnect the battery when installing the raptor. DUMB ME!!!!

2. The reason i said that is because i did install a Speed of Sound switch panel. So when i turned the car on the raptor was off. When I flipped the switch the car died. Either way I put the new fuses on now and the car starts. It just runs like crap now. i think one of the cylinders is mis firing or not firing at all. (cylinder 8) i did check the wire though and it isn't cut at all [&:]

3. Any particular reason for wiring the Raptor where you did, as opposed to using an Add a Circuit in the fuse panel on the passenger side?? Just curious.... ??? Sorry don't understand the question.

-DG
Old 09-07-2007, 04:54 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i think he meant for the switched 12vdc source....

you can use unused (passenger fuse panel) fuse
location 13, for powering things like this
Old 09-07-2007, 05:05 PM
Daniel06GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hammeron

i think he meant for the switched 12vdc source....

you can use unused (passenger fuse panel) fuse
location 13, for powering things like this
Ah, yeah no I didn't think of that. One of my buddies did mainly all the wiring for me last weekend and left the positive wire ready for install when I got the raptor......
he's coming over later after he gets off of work to see what went wrong. He's got a bachelors degree in some sort of electrical thing... he knows what he's doing... I think [8D]

Either way I'll keep you guys posted. I really don't wanna take this to the dealership and have them charge me an arm and a leg to change a wire... ugh...

-DG
Old 09-07-2007, 05:10 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

OK Daniel, now I understand. Yeah, I started thinking about it, and it dawned on my that you may have done the SOS cupholder thing......

And yes, that is what I was referring to, i.e. going to the fuse panel for an unused 12 volt source. But it sounds like your buddy already had it wired for you....Good luck with it, and let us know what he finds out...very strange. I assume you checked the fuses both under hood and in the kick panel??

Mike
Old 09-07-2007, 05:15 PM
Daniel06GT
3rd Gear Member

I already checked all the ones under the hood but didn't know there was one under the panel. I'll check those too. But would a burnt fuse cause my car to run like crap???

Thanks

-DG
Old 09-07-2007, 05:34 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

This is probably a stupid idea but I had some problems with my car after having plugs and some gauges done (it ended up being a plug). However, one of the things they checked were the boots on the plugs (vapor locking and can't think of the name) anyway they said that they can get loose when messing with the wires (because of the tach and shift light I had done). Just a thought.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:14 PM
Daniel06GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PLstang

This is probably a stupid idea but I had some problems with my car after having plugs and some gauges done (it ended up being a plug). However, one of the things they checked were the boots on the plugs (vapor locking and can't think of the name) anyway they said that they can get loose when messing with the wires (because of the tach and shift light I had done). Just a thought.
Did the car feel like it was not running one of the cylinders.....?
Old 09-07-2007, 08:41 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Actualy that was the case I was dead hole. You could put your hand on the intake and feel the shake. It also back fired quite a bit. However, in my situation it was a plug that cased the cylinder not to fire. As I mentioned one of the things they checked to get to that was the coil packs on top of the plugs. They had set up a Autometer tach and shift light at the same time as the plugs and they were concerned that it might have been the problem. I seem to remember them saying something about the wires can get loose in the pack or the pack itself can come loose from the plug. They thought they may have damaged them setting up the shiftlight/gauges. I thought it odd as they have a small bolt on them but they did check everyone of them.

agian it may have nothing to do with your situation but I thought I would mention it.

Quick Reply: NEED HELP ASAP!!