Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Spoiler
64.00%
No Spoiler
36.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Spoiler or not?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 08:39 PM
Leseetsa

Default RE: Spoiler or not?

I'm not voting because I like either. I never had a spoiler before and when I was shopping for a car I wanted one. When I saw the new retro Stang I changed my mind... Keep it authentic, no spoiler! But when I finally had to made a choice, I blended the tradition with today's look and opted to go with.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:30 PM
Casper98GT
I ♥ Acer

I thought i was the only person who loved the way the 05's look without a spolier.... Good topic! ( Just the 05's though. I dont like the rest without one. )
Old 02-16-2005, 09:45 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

I don't think Mustangs look right without the spoiler. My 04 had a spoiler and now my 05 has a spoiler.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:28 AM
Sportster

The spoiler is authentic. Todays Mustang looks more like a 1969 Mustang than any other year. Many 1969s had spoilers.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:37 PM
Lubricant
1st Gear Member

Does anyone know if the stock spoler comes off and if the Steeda spoiler would match up?
I dont want to drill or fill. Thanks
Old 02-17-2005, 04:01 PM
Danko

Nanooki, I am old enough to recognize and appreciate good manners. No matter how many of you think it looks good to screw up your vehicles with an ugly wing, I recognize it for what it is.... Peer pressure and misguidance. Most of ya'll are actually defensive about the spoilers mainly because you have them and your friends do too, but if you actually LOOKED at an '05 GT w/o the spoiler next to one with and had no friends present, I bet you might feel differently. As far as the logic behind one of you saying people like them, that is why they come with them, I understand that very well and am pleased they also offer them without. To each his own but ugly runs deep!
Old 02-17-2005, 04:07 PM
96GTponyup
2nd Gear Member

I have seen one without parked next to one with and let me tell you without makes the car look cheap. As far as peer pressure goes.....there is a difference between a stock spoiler and one of those ugly *** whale fins on Hondas'. I know you really wasnt talking to me but I felt I should stand up for those who are not folding to peer pressure and have their own views on things.
ORIGINAL: Danko

Nanooki, I am old enough to recognize and appreciate good manners. No matter how many of you think it looks good to screw up your vehicles with an ugly wing, I recognize it for what it is.... Peer pressure and misguidance. Most of ya'll are actually defensive about the spoilers mainly because you have them and your friends do too, but if you actually LOOKED at an '05 GT w/o the spoiler next to one with and had no friends present, I bet you might feel differently. As far as the logic behind one of you saying people like them, that is why they come with them, I understand that very well and am pleased they also offer them without. To each his own but ugly runs deep!
Old 02-17-2005, 04:53 PM
showam1
I ♥ Acer

Danko,
You are entitled to your opinion, just remember, that’s all it is, an opinion.
My opinion is that I like it; it reminds me of the 70 mach 1 I almost purchased....
And should have.
Here is another opinion of mine, the "my color" gauges are a complete waste of
money and belong in romper room...
But, I'm sure some people find them fascinating.

Marty
Old 02-17-2005, 05:26 PM
davidy

Will they actually knock the price down at all if you order wihtout a spoiler?
Old 02-17-2005, 06:51 PM
Danko

davidy, From what I have seen so far, the spoiler is extra cost for the V-6 and a no cost/no charge delete option for the GT. My wife and I are considering a new conv. and hope they will offer the same choice. This thread is like discussing politics or religion. No one is going to change their minds, so why discuss? Best looking Mustang ever was the Boss 429 and it had no spoiler. Dems 'da facts and not just opinion and before you decide to argue (and it will do no good, because I can learn nothing from this thread and will not return to it) about that, have you ever SEEN a Boss 429? I was on the verge of buying one new and could not decide between it or a tri-pwered 440 Dodge or a 3 year-old 427/425 Vette roadster. I chose the Vette and any would have been a great vehicle but I have always regretted not getting that Boss 429..... I had two 1995 Cobra R's and I kept picturing them w/o their ugly spoilers (that is redundant, isn't it?) but when it came time to sell them, the fact they were stock helped me sell them.

Quick Reply: Spoiler or not?