Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

As if problems couldn't get worse..WARNING EXPLICIT PHOTOS

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 06:10 PM
07BOSSGT_S197
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: As if problems couldn't get worse..WARNING EXPLICIT PHOTOS

another one...

As said earlier in thisthread, I needed this to happen, I don't think I fully understood the power that was under my hood. I donow, part of me wishes they would total out the car, but then I wouldn't learn anything. There are a hundred things I coulda, woulda and shoulda done. That doesn't change the fact that my car is OOC and a million other bad things. However, I'm alive and so is my girl. Stupid to be getting on it with her in the car.
Here's the story from beginning to end, I wrote the thread still kind of shaking and not with a clear head. I was driving down a back road with lots of twists and turns...I really wasn't going fast I was behind a old guy in a Buick Century. The road came to a split where the road I was on kept going around a sharp corner and the new artery branched off straight. The Buick went straight, I was at 30mph, dropped into 2nd, stepped on the gas...not stomping on it, but enough to kick in the SC. I came up a bend w/a slope to it, not a long one but a steep one. On the downside at the bottom of the slope was a little and LITTLE bit of standing water with another corner to it. I couldn't slam on the breaks that would have been worse and the car would have went into an uncontrolled slide/spin into trees. My only option was to let off the gas and hope the rpms would GRADUALLY decrease enough for me to just glide through the curve and water. Not so much. Front tires hit and lost traction...the rapid decreasing rpms were too muchfor the rear Nittos to handle and when Deep dish nitto drag radials get wet...there is no traction. The rear tires hit the drive pavement and were already in a slide through the water. The *** end swung out right, left, right again and the final left swing had enough inertia to put the car *** end first into the curb. Jumped the curb backwards, the rear driver side wheel/tire broke off and went under the car. I was at 50mph at the apex of the hill and at 45 or so when it hit the water.

Ido hope that other guys/women read this thread and learn what NOT to do in a beast like that.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:16 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

she'll be back on the road soon enough Boss.....
just hang in there....

your seat at the boost lounge is reserved, so
come on by anytime your ready

Old 09-30-2007, 07:57 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Sorry to hear about the stang and glad you and yours are OK! Post pics when she is fixed