Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gauges?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 07:56 PM
Shredder
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Gauges?

ORIGINAL: 2007GT/CS

ORIGINAL: Shredder

So 2 weeks from today I am dropping my car off at saleen to have them install a super charger. I couldnt get myself to pay them $600 to install 2 gauges tho..
I would like to add 3 gauges, boost, intercooler water temp, and fuel preasure. Do those sound like a good idea?
only gauge pod I found so far that hold 3 is the one from american muscle, I dont like the way it looks.. just looks bad sitting up on the dash like that.. doesnt look integrated at all
http://www.americanmuscle.com/20mugapod.html
They also have the ford racing gauges
http://www.americanmuscle.com/compet...-pressure.html
are those any good?

Looking for recomendations so I can order, and right when I get the car back I can install gauges..
I have the Saleen gauges. Although I know it violates the unwritten code to ever admit you made a mistake.....

1. The boost gauge is teh suck. You need a nice responsive mechanical boost/vacinstead.
2. The dual gauge pod while it looks decent in the pictures is really cheesy IRL.
3. I can say the lighting is very good on both the boost and the intake charge (really the intercooler water) temp
4. The styling of the gauge face and indicators won't match anything else and Saleen makes no other gauges.

I'm going to start switching over to the Cobalts over the winter.
oh man.. I was going to go with the autometer electric cause I figured it would be easier to install.. but a mechanical is better? lol
Thank god I asked question here!
Old 10-16-2007, 07:57 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

hmm i should consider moving it up to the top if it is worth that much extra power
Old 10-16-2007, 08:06 PM
LMM1967
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sawyer

so I just talked to saleen, and since they only offer the black face gauges I decided to not get them.. I am going with all white face gauges, so I am going to do the autometer gauges myself
What series, the NV?
I was thinking more the Cobalt 2 gauges.. I like the blue illumination more than the green

The Cobalt series only comes in black face. If you want white face and blue illumination you most likely want the C2 series.

Go to Autometer's website and do a search for Part Number 7104. That is the mechanical boost, range 0 - 35 PSI, white face, blue illumination, 2 1/16"

Old 10-16-2007, 08:34 PM
2007GT/CS
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2007GT/CS

So 2 weeks from today I am dropping my car off at saleen to have them install a super charger. I couldnt get myself to pay them $600 to install 2 gauges tho..
I would like to add 3 gauges, boost, intercooler water temp, and fuel preasure. Do those sound like a good idea?
only gauge pod I found so far that hold 3 is the one from american muscle, I dont like the way it looks.. just looks bad sitting up on the dash like that.. doesnt look integrated at all
http://www.americanmuscle.com/20mugapod.html
They also have the ford racing gauges
http://www.americanmuscle.com/compet...-pressure.html
are those any good?

Looking for recomendations so I can order, and right when I get the car back I can install gauges..
I have the Saleen gauges. Although I know it violates the unwritten code to ever admit you made a mistake.....

1. The boost gauge is teh suck. You need a nice responsive mechanical boost/vacinstead.
2. The dual gauge pod while it looks decent in the pictures is really cheesy IRL.
3. I can say the lighting is very good on both the boost and the intake charge (really the intercooler water) temp
4. The styling of the gauge face and indicators won't match anything else and Saleen makes no other gauges.

I'm going to start switching over to the Cobalts over the winter.
oh man.. I was going to go with the autometer electric cause I figured it would be easier to install.. but a mechanical is better? lol
Thank god I asked question here!
Actually Casey from Haney Motorsports put me on to that. I was complaining in another thread about how my boost gauge just laid there most of the time (no ex wife jokes please...) The mechanical vac/boost guage responds much more quickly to changes and is cheaper as well.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:16 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

plus the mechanical gauge only goes to 20psi...not 30
Old 10-17-2007, 12:43 PM
Shredder
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LMM1967

ORIGINAL: sawyer

so I just talked to saleen, and since they only offer the black face gauges I decided to not get them.. I am going with all white face gauges, so I am going to do the autometer gauges myself
What series, the NV?
I was thinking more the Cobalt 2 gauges.. I like the blue illumination more than the green

The Cobalt series only comes in black face. If you want white face and blue illumination you most likely want the C2 series.

Go to Autometer's website and do a search for Part Number 7104. That is the mechanical boost, range 0 - 35 PSI, white face, blue illumination, 2 1/16"

The C2 is the gauges I was talking about I was looking at this page
http://www.egauges.com/vdo_main.asp
and they have the C2 titled like, C2 (Cobalt 2)
so same difference.. those are the ones I was looking at