Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Mustang Appearance Package

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 09:53 PM
NELS GT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: New Mustang Appearance Package

Agree'd.

Ain't nothin wrong with six cylinders.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:09 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

the "its too much" statement is a little too jumpy because all the parts add up to 2900 bux if you were to purchase them separately, and without installation or paint. IMO its a good deal, and its just like the calispecial type package. It gives a more personal look to the v6. only bummer is the colors its offered in.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:38 PM
cavediver
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dennis074.0

"I guess I'm just having a hard time understanding why V8 owners need to completely bash owners of 6ers"

most of the time (not pointing anyone out) its the guys with the small ***** and NEED the bigger lights, bigger engine, 2 extra cyl's, to make up for their......little fella.....who always bash the V6.
I have never seen where any GT owner has 'bashed' or made any 'personal attacks' on V6 owners. Unfortunately though I have seen several V6 owners on this thread make quite personal attacks towards GT owners. This isn't 'us versus them', I thought we're all Mustang fans. Some of us, for our own reasons prefer the GT over the V6 and defend that reasoning as we should if we choose. Others for their own reasons prefer the V6 and defend that reasoning as well.

Your disgusting comment however speaks volumes about you and the things it appears you really care about.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:27 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cavediver

"I guess I'm just having a hard time understanding why V8 owners need to completely bash owners of 6ers"

most of the time (not pointing anyone out) its the guys with the small ***** and NEED the bigger lights, bigger engine, 2 extra cyl's, to make up for their......little fella.....who always bash the V6.
I have never seen where any GT owner has 'bashed' or made any 'personal attacks' on V6 owners. Unfortunately though I have seen several V6 owners on this thread make quite personal attacks towards GT owners. This isn't 'us versus them', I thought we're all Mustang fans. Some of us, for our own reasons prefer the GT over the V6 and defend that reasoning as we should if we choose. Others for their own reasons prefer the V6 and defend that reasoning as well.

Your disgusting comment however speaks volumes about you and the things it appears you really care about.
your kiding right?
Old 10-13-2007, 11:30 PM
SonicBlue05GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07 Stang

ORIGINAL: tungstenstang

I'll believe it when i see it, sounds too good to be true for v6 owners, atleast compaired to the last package 17 inch crap stock GTwheels and little ***** foglights.
I like my fog lights.....it reminds me of the Mustang from the '60s. I don't like the two big fog lights that is on the GT.....they make the car look like it has FOUR headlights......kind of dorky looking to me!
the Pony Package's fogs are styled after the 65 Mustangs

the GTs are styled after the 69 Mustang:

Old 10-14-2007, 06:42 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

I wonder why it has colored rockers instead of the standard V6 black rockers...
Old 10-15-2007, 01:20 AM
ericw2000

I had a V6 loaner for a couple days a few months before I bought mine. It was the "rental" V6 convertible deluxe. I was thrilled with it. It had the rumble in the exhaust and had plenty of power and handling. I really hammered on that car and thoroughly enjoyed my time with it, so much that I started saving and planning for a purchase.

When I bought my car, I chose a GT. This car replaced my '69 camaro and the motorcycles I became too chicken to ride, so it's my toy and I will probably own it for many years. I have some friends that are into different cars, they talk down mustangs, so it's my eventual goal to leave their cars in the dust at the strip.

I would never look down on a V6, however. They are a lot of fun to drive, and look equally as nice as the GT. That appearance package is pretty much in line with similar packages like the GT/CS. The 18" wheels alone are a $900 option on a GT. When you compare the MSRP to the invoice price, it's pretty clear the accessory packages are marked up very well, and can be negotiated down. If it helps Ford sell more cars, I'm all for it.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:41 AM
kevworthy
1st Gear Member

I have seen some people on forums dog the GT/CS package as well....I never understood that one either.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:45 AM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cavediver

might have to read a little bit more then. its everywhere. every single post turns into a v6 vs v8 war.