Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 Mustang Customization

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 11:01 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Default 2005 Mustang Customization

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum. Today I went out and bought my first car, a black 2005 Mustang (V6). It is a straight drive with a black leather interior. I love my new car just the way it is but I know, before long, I will feel the need to customize it so I decided to get online and see what I could do. Now that I have researched it, I have learned that I can do countless things to make my car look and perform great. The problem is, I have no clue where to start. I know everyone has a different opinion on this subject but I was just looking for some ideas on what I should do to customize my car. Keep in mind that I am a 16 year old white male.

These are some of the things that I am most interested in: (in no particular order...)
1. An improved sound system
2. A new front grill
3. Ways to improve cosmetics under the hood
4.Ways to improve exterior cosmetics
5. Ways to imrove interior cosmetics
6. New rims
7. New exhaust pipe

I'm not really interested in improving HP but I would love to hear suggestions on how to improve engine performance and quality!!!

I know this is a lot to ask for but, to tell, the truth, I am completely lost. Your help is greatly appreciated and THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPS ME OUT!!!!!

Thanks again,

Hunter
Old 10-13-2007, 11:22 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 2005 Mustang Customization

There is so manydirections that you can go with appearence mods. You need to look around at magazines, catalogs, and other peoples styles to find what suits your taste. As far as engine performance goes, a CAI, and tune is one of the best first mods to do. Congrats on your new stang, and welcome to the forums. You will find a wealth of info here.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:23 PM
cavediver
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the fun world of Mustangs. It's a hobby that can last a lifetime. You'll gets tons of advice on mods here as we all have our favorites. The great thing is though that you car looks great just the way it is! Take your time and enjoy it for a while and surf around this forum for ideas and photos before you start throwing $$ at it.

Welcome and good luck!
Old 10-13-2007, 11:27 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

check out www.ponybuilder.com they havea good selection of body pieces that you can try on in differnet assortments.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:31 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

research before you buy. dont buy something impulsively only having to replace it later for a better part. as for appearance imo rims, lights, body kit, stripes, suspension lowering, tint. for performance: intake, tune, exhaust, gears is an excellent place to start. oh and

[sm=welcomesign.gif]to the forums
Old 10-14-2007, 01:52 PM
UK PONY
2nd Gear Member

Welcome to the forums Hunter.

Echoing some of the comments on here already be sure to research your upgrades before you buy. Also consider what your long term ideas are for the car - i.e. if you want to supercharge later you should look at improved suspension and brakes, bigger brakes will need bigger wheels to go on first.

You have a nice car that you can enjoy in it's "out of the box" form whilst you decide what you want to do.