Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know a good paint shop in Orlando?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 04:34 PM
lurkerM

Default Anyone know a good paint shop in Orlando?

My father recently offered to have stripes put on my GT. After several assurances that he'd make sure my 4-month-old Vista Blue GT Coupe would be well taken care of, I left my car with him for a week.

Well, that was a week ago... I came back to an absolutley horrible job. The stripes wereoff-center, uneven, crooked, jagged on some edges etc. etc.

So I told my father that I was going to remove the stripes and get them redone myself. My brother-in-law and I start peeling the vinyl off to find that the m***** f***** my father hired put the vinyl down THEN cut it, deep. Two applications of NuFinish Scratch Doctor has had no noticeable affect.

I can't live with the damage - I'd get too pissed every time I saw the car knowing that it's been butchered. I know small claims is a waste of time. I could trade in the car, but I wont - I like it too much and I've only had it for 4 months. Though it would be nice to have the 2008 for the standard side airbags. I briefly thought of filing a vandalism claim against my auto insurance. But even if this qualifies, I'm finally claim-free with an affordable policy, so I don't want to ruin that. That leaves getting it repainted out-of-pocket.

I'm going to take it in to Greenway Ford and get an estimate. Anyone in the Orlando area have a good paint shop to recommend or any options I haven't thought of?

Old 10-14-2007, 09:00 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Default RE: Anyone know a good paint shop in Orlando?

ORIGINAL: lurkerM

I'm going to take it in to Greenway Ford and get an estimate. Anyone in the Orlando area have a good paint shop to recommend or any options I haven't thought of?

Right this way...
I have a shop on West Colonial and I can at least, take a look at your car and find a way to go for you.

Forget Greenway Ford[:@]. If their quality hasn't improved, it will be even worse than your experience. PM me for the details if you want.
I don't want to put Greenway down if they have a different ,better management.

Let the steam out of your head and take your time for your next move. Don't take any decisions when you're mad, cause you might regret it.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:51 PM
lurkerM

Old 10-14-2007, 09:56 PM
lurkerM

Old 10-15-2007, 12:09 AM
D_Gusler
3rd Gear Member

Geez thats rough. Have you thought about asking dad or the guy that "striped" it for any kind of help. There is no excuse for that kind of horror job. Go get three estimates from three quality paint shops, and take it to small claims court. Won't cost nothing out of pocket, just make sure you have a receipt, and take pics with todays newspaper on a real camera--no digi. Should be an open & shut case.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:22 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Disney has a GREAT paintshop!
Problem is it's in China and they used lead-based paint!
Old 10-15-2007, 01:52 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

That sucks man! Sorry to hear
Old 10-15-2007, 06:53 AM
lurkerM

The guy offered to fix the stripes. When we told him that they were removed and that we saw the damage he gave a weak apology and said the "small marks" that he put on would buff out. My Dad feels bad, but his only offer was to have another "guy he knows" fix the paint so it would likely be just as bad as this job.

A big problem with small claims is I think this was a cash deal with no contract/invoice or the like. I don't even know the guy's name or place of business. Plus in FL small claims cost around $200 just to file - I found that out when an uninsured, unlicensed motorist hit my car a few years back. My girlfriend is in the legal industry, maybe she knows someone who can tell me if it's worth it or not.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:25 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

I say call up Pascal and see what he can do for you... talked to him today and seems to be a pretty straight up guy
Old 10-15-2007, 08:24 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

ORIGINAL: lurkerM

The guy offered to fix the stripes. When we told him that they were removed and that we saw the damage he gave a weak apology and said the "small marks" that he put on would buff out. My Dad feels bad, but his only offer was to have another "guy he knows" fix the paint so it would likely be just as bad as this job.

A big problem with small claims is I think this was a cash deal with no contract/invoice or the like. I don't even know the guy's name or place of business. Plus in FL small claims cost around $200 just to file - I found that out when an uninsured, unlicensed motorist hit my car a few years back. My girlfriend is in the legal industry, maybe she knows someone who can tell me if it's worth it or not.

It won't buff out son. It'll attenuate, that's about it.
Besides, you'll have to take so much clear off by wet sanding that you'll have very little left. It will dull by June.

I'll look at your car... I'll write you an estimate so you can go back to the idiot andsay: "Here! That's what you owe me".

Jay... Thanks for the kind word sir.