Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trashy???

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 01:12 PM
Tarman

Default RE: Trashy???

ORIGINAL: Nuke

Ataboy, Tarman! I was just teasing about the skirt as I can tell you knew... Show your wife the forum and... no, wait, THAT could be a BAD idea... LOL!
No worries!

ORIGINAL: owero01

Maybe we should schedule a cruise up there next Spring or Summer just to show off a little bit.
Now were talkin!!!
Old 11-14-2007, 01:58 PM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

Tarman, there's a stereotype for every car. Get what fits you best. I bought a 2005 RX8 because I was in-love with the looks of that car. I sold it a year later to get the stang because the RX8 just wasn't me. I sold the stang 2 weeks ago because I needed a practical back seat.......but the stang was definitely a "me" car. One day when my kids are older I will get another.

Point is, no matter what you decide to buy, there is always a stereotype to go along with it. I'm sure after getting upclose and personal with the stang, your friends will grow to understandit's appeal.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:02 PM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Hey Tarman, Count me in on the cruise.

Hey we are all guilty of stereo typing at some point.
Ya, like when I see a 4 door black jetta with a kid sitting so low he can't see over the dash. Or how a bout a civic with rims that cost more than the car. Wait, can you give me a Honda sticker for the windshield, just in case you didn't know that this was once my mom's?
Old 11-14-2007, 02:44 PM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

Honestly in my opinion if people have hangups its their problem.

The only difference between Mustang, Corvette, Viper, Porsche, and Ferrrari owners is how much money they have to play with.
There are idiots who look down on others because of their own issues no matter what income bracket they are in.
I enjoy my Mustang and I have enjoyed more expensive cars and less expensive cars.
Anyone who thinks your notworthy of knowing because you dont drive a German Car isnt worth your time.

I have a friend now who owns an F50 (His) + a Maybach (His) + an E55 (Hers) + a Lambo (Hers). He took time to encourage me when I was driving an old C4 because he couldsee a car guy, not someone who made less than he did. He makes more ina year than I will make in a lifetime.Does that make him a better person? No, the fact that he took timetime to crawl under a Vette(despite being in aexpensive suit) in the rain to help a kid is what makes him a person worth knowing. He woulddo it again today for a teenager in a clapped out RX7because he would see I a "car guy" not a "ricer".
Old 11-14-2007, 03:50 PM
flogduh
1st Gear Member

An interesting thread - I live in one of the more affluent areas of Northern CA, in Los Gatos. We havea Lamborgini, Hummer, Ferrari and RR/Bentley dealership here in town, yet when I'm taking my 10 yr old daughter to school in themorning with the top down on my 07 black vert, I get an awful lot of looks, smiles and waves. And not just from the folks driving Mercedes and the "others"...

Besides, buy solid American cars. It will do our country some good!

Flog
Old 11-14-2007, 04:01 PM
PiggySmallz
3rd Gear Member

+1 my friends have porches (carerra, gt 2, carrera gt) lamborghini (murcielago / diablo) ferrari 599, F430, 360, Rolls Royce Phantom, ect. Those cars are fun and all, they get a lot of looks, but even my friend said, "You know I used to hate these Mustangs, because I thought they were cheap and built terribly. In all honesty this thing is just as much fun to drive as my murcielago and carrera gt. You get just as many looks, it has an amazing sound to it and you can drive it everywhere. The exotics can only go certain places and you constantly have to be careful because they are so fragile." Morale of the story, Mustangs are where it's at, they can be as fast as you want them and trust me they get plenty of looks. I'm down for the cruise as well.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:08 PM
flogduh
1st Gear Member

It must be the black & tan look. Coupe or Vert....
Old 11-14-2007, 04:24 PM
PiggySmallz
3rd Gear Member

it's classy yet still a muscle car. I don't know whether you were asking or not but I have a coupe. especially after my friends compliment, I don't see me getting rid of it anytime soon.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:07 PM
SnakeFan
1st Gear Member

Here's the deal. Had an awesome 01 gt that was the definition of a muscle car. Moved to indy for school and was looking at a hour drive in the city, the ram clutch, my leg, and my wallet were suffering. I graduate in may. Most definitely will have a downpayment with the sign on bonus. My friends say that with the decent amount of money I'll make that they would get an 05 corvette or other "look at me" cars. Not me, 100% mustang. Find a slightly used 07, and mod the hell out of it. I loved when people would pull up to me with their ego's booming and young girlfriend sitting in a vette, boxter, etc...Light drops, he can't drive and I'm gone. Next light, be humble and tell him he has an awesome car. Knowing in my mind it kills him inside that he just got spanked by a car that costs half as much as his did and offers all of the same aspects that he bought it for. Not to mention he understands that the only thing holding his big boobied blonde back from hoppin in my car ishis wallet. Plus...who wants to drive a car that when you pull up to a light, you have the possibility of the exact same STOCK ride sittin next to you? Not me! Mod on!
Old 11-14-2007, 05:43 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

It's those scumbags that will run this country when the economy crashes and all hell breaks loose! They know how to survive.

This thread blows![:'(]