Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Destroyed

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 10:39 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Destroyed

Yea bro it blows.. That's why I opted for extra ins. > saving money
Old 12-04-2007, 02:14 PM
BAMFstang
3rd Gear Member

Forget about suing the guy. If he didn't have insurance it's probably because he didn't have the money to pay for it. Whatcha gonna get if you sue?

You sue him personally and get a judgement, then how will you collect? Garnish his wages? He probably has a crap job and would probably just job hop the rest of his life to avoid paying the judgement.

All full coverage policies I've ever had also have "uninsured motorist" coverage so that will repair your car.

The asshat deserves a serious beatdown and a life lesson by spending some time in jail but neither will happen. He will get a fine that he may or may not pay, possible suspension of license which won't affect his real ability to keep driving either.

Good luck on the repairs, and take care of that shoulder. I had a seperated shoulder and it sucked big time.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:19 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

IMMEDIATELY check to see if you have "uninsured motorist" coverage on your policy. If so, all your parts are covered.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:47 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

ORIGINAL: BAMFstang

Forget about suing the guy. If he didn't have insurance it's probably because he didn't have the money to pay for it. Whatcha gonna get if you sue?

You sue him personally and get a judgement, then how will you collect? Garnish his wages? He probably has a crap job and would probably just job hop the rest of his life to avoid paying the judgement.

All full coverage policies I've ever had also have "uninsured motorist" coverage so that will repair your car.

The asshat deserves a serious beatdown and a life lesson by spending some time in jail but neither will happen. He will get a fine that he may or may not pay, possible suspension of license which won't affect his real ability to keep driving either.

Good luck on the repairs, and take care of that shoulder. I had a seperated shoulder and it sucked big time.

Sad... Real sad. But so true.
The system just doesn't work. It keeps spitting out losers.

Old 12-27-2007, 04:53 PM
gremlin190
1st Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your car. I've been keeping your info booked mark for when I saved enough money to buy the stock frontend off of you, but I guess it does me no good now. I hope you get to feeeling better soon. Nothing good ever comes out of getting into a wreck.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:13 PM
SwtPnyChick
Lady Luck

Wow bud really sorry to hear about your misfortune. However the bottom line is what it is. You aren't gonna get much out of the punk driver. It might raise you rates, but you should bite down and get your insurance co to help you out. It's the only way to make light of the situation.

Well regardless, good luck and get well!
Old 12-27-2007, 06:28 PM
The_Third
2nd Gear Member

Hah never updated this, I'm surprised it's still getting attention. After MANY conversations with many different people from my insurance they've agreed to cover it. Including my aftermarket stuff, so I've been pretty relieved, just want my car back!

Still have that bumper gremlin lol I never put it back on, just sent my car to the shop with the busted up one