Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deluxe vs. Premium

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 12:24 PM
Red69Sportsroof
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Deluxe vs. Premium

ORIGINAL: GWFoos

Teri Temeyosa - she is also the Saleen rep there.
I do not understand why they would discount a GT on the lot but not a factory order?
Old 03-15-2005, 12:31 PM
GWFoos
2nd Gear Member

I would love to know the same thing as I am going to try and put my order in today, but I don't want to have wait AND pay normal MSRP.

Do you have experience with dealers in San Diego going below MSRP? Most seem to be at MSRP.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:45 PM
Red69Sportsroof
2nd Gear Member

I have a GT on order from Mossy - when it comes in I will ask for a discount. My salesman knows I will not pay MSRP. If they will not budge when it comes in a couple of months down the road - they can keep and and sell it to someone else. I will then re-order or just wait for a 2006 factory order and go through the same process. Eventually the discounts will reappear so the prices can only come down. All the dealerships here in San Diego that I've talked to want MSRP or they are marking them up $2,000 to $3,000 over. That's not for me. I'd rather wait. But my wife and I both are crazy about the new Mustang GT Premium. Ordered Torch Red 5-speed manual, IUP, upgraded polished wheels and the security package.
Old 03-15-2005, 01:09 PM
graphicguy
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Red69Sportsroof

I have a GT on order from Mossy - when it comes in I will ask for a discount. My salesman knows I will not pay MSRP. If they will not budge when it comes in a couple of months down the road - they can keep and and sell it to someone else. I will then re-order or just wait for a 2006 factory order and go through the same process. Eventually the discounts will reappear so the prices can only come down. All the dealerships here in San Diego that I've talked to want MSRP or they are marking them up $2,000 to $3,000 over. That's not for me. I'd rather wait. But my wife and I both are crazy about the new Mustang GT Premium. Ordered Torch Red 5-speed manual, IUP, upgraded polished wheels and the security package.
The time to negotiate is BEFORE you place the order, not after it comes in. Even on an '06, if you place an order before you agree to a price, the dealer will just say "no" to your request for a discount because they know they can sell it easily if it becomes part of dealer stock. At that rate, you'll never buy any car you order.
Old 03-15-2005, 03:47 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: GWFoos

Mossy Ford in Mission Beach is selling GTs that are on the lot at that discount. Ordered units are at MSRP. I was told that they have some priority with ordering due to allotment or something and that they are getting them in in 4-6 weeks from order. FWIW.
I bought my 00 V6 there in late '99 That is the best Ford Dealership in San Diego for both service and selection!! Kearny Mesa Ford gave us an awesome deal on my wifes Escape when she bought it back in 2002 but their service center is [>:] Drew Ford has gotten very complacent in terms of their pricing and usually don't budge and stay away from Drew Ford Service Center (sucks)

You'll find the Premium package is just leather seats and a higher end sound system. Not really worth the extra cash IMO. But if you like leather, it's the way to go.

Stick with Mossy in PB/Mission Beach. It was kind of a drive for service since I lived in East County, but well worth it.