Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ANYONE HAVING LUCK WITH ORDER DATES??

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 02:07 AM
lexigirl

Default RE: ANYONE HAVING LUCK WITH ORDER DATES??

ORIGINAL: BadHenry

On Feb. 14th we went to one Ford dealer here in town. We were told that Ford wasn't taking ANY orders on the 05 Mustang's we would have to settle for one already on a dealers lot. He check to find the one like wanted and wasn't able to find it any where. He said we could order an 06 but not an 05. This just didn't sound right to us. We went to a different Ford dealer same night who said they would gladly take our order. They said we would have it by middle of April beginning of May. We ordered Torch Red/ Dark Charcoal GT Premium automatic , IUP, side airbag, that night. We received our DORA in a few days. Called the 800 number, it was clean /unscheduled then on Thursday the 17th of this week we were serialized, Friday we had a build week of 4/4. If you are waiting longer than others who have ordered after you, your car isn't being built because your dealer either isn't ordering it or they probably don't have any allocations left. I would say get your deposit back and go to a different dealer.

Yes, BadHenry, you are right. Some dealers don't want to tell people about their allocation and basically lie about when to expect the car to get the orders. This almost happened to me, but luckily through talking to other dealers, I figured it out and didn't order. I ended buying one off the lot 'cause I would have gone insane waiting. Anyway, the important info here is that the dealers with smaller allocations just can't get them as fast and they aren't always honest about that. Ask pointed questions about allocation and try to get their allocation numbers so you can figure out when you'll REALLY get your car. Then take your business elsewhere if you don't like what you hear.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:32 AM
elmo771

I ordered on 3/7, as of 3/17 I was serialized and was given a build date week of 4/4
Old 03-20-2005, 09:42 AM
Lubricant
1st Gear Member

Is there some special automated system yer calling to get this information??
Share pls...
Old 03-20-2005, 01:40 PM
BadHenry

Yes, there is an automated phone system for dealers. 1-800-962-3746 The automated phone system asks if you are building a Ford, then they ask to say your dealer number. If you have the DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement) on your car the dealer number is listed in the upper right of the page. Just the number not the letter in it. Next the year of your car, next the code for the car GT's are T82, then the VIN number or Order Number. If you have the DORA the order number is on that. They will then tell you where your car is in the system.

Here is the link from a Ford truck forum that explains how Priority codes, allocation, scheduling works. http://www.f150online.com/forums/sho...=priority+code

Old 03-20-2005, 02:50 PM
airbornesoon

it took 5 weeks from order to in my hands... i love it. it is in geting striped right now, i get it back wed... i cant wait. it looks amazing.
Old 03-20-2005, 04:37 PM
avanbroc

For those of you who have had good luck with the orders, did you have the IUP? I ordered mine on 3/11 without the IUP hoping that things would go faster. If things are actually moving along now, I am considering going back and adding the IUP to my order. Also, has anyone had any luck complaining to the main ford headquarters about these dealers who are basically lying to us and saything that the 2005 production is OVER everywhere and you can't order a GT? Thanks for the help.
Old 03-20-2005, 04:58 PM
PullMeOverRed05
3rd Gear Member

Elmo, WHere are you located. We basicall orded at the same time and I don't have any info on mine yet
Old 03-21-2005, 12:56 AM
sinnocenzi

Just picked up my Gt on 3-19, ordered it 12-8-04. Very happy with the car but BAD NEWS The Dealer told me that he cannot order any new GT's for 05. Ford told him that they will be sending letters out to 40% of people who have current orders that their cars will not be built. Ford is too far behind on orders and these orders will come out when the 06's start comming out. I thought he was joking but he said he was serious. this is bad. good luck for those who have orders.
05-GT
redfire
side air bags
upgrade int.
red leather
mustang knock off hubs (realy cool)
Old 03-21-2005, 11:03 AM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

I had ordered mine on 11/17/04 from a small dealer and still nothing. The sales manager is good friend of mine and I can not see him lying to me at all about the order.

For those who have ordered since January and have your 05 GT, where are you located? I am trying to see if Ford is concentrating on a specific area of the country or not.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:35 PM
Red69Sportsroof
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sinnocenzi

Just picked up my Gt on 3-19, ordered it 12-8-04. Very happy with the car but BAD NEWS The Dealer told me that he cannot order any new GT's for 05. Ford told him that they will be sending letters out to 40% of people who have current orders that their cars will not be built. Ford is too far behind on orders and these orders will come out when the 06's start comming out. I thought he was joking but he said he was serious. this is bad. good luck for those who have orders.
That is a bunch of hogwash! Ford is still taking orders on the 2005 and are beefing up production to meet the demand.

Quick Reply: ANYONE HAVING LUCK WITH ORDER DATES??