Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tsbs.....and problem with gauges

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 11:40 AM
landon.moss
2nd Gear Member

Default tsbs.....and problem with gauges

had a question about the tsbs and thought someone would know on here...does it matter when the bulletins came out, or can i get it fixed anytime? asking cuz i think i heard there's a tsb on the fuel gauge not working/the gas pump turns off and says the tank's full when it's not.

also, since it's so flippin cold in iowa right now......my gauges don't work...nothing works until after the car is warmed up and i have to turn it off and then back on...then maybe they'll work.

[/align]
Old 01-11-2008, 11:46 AM
Qusus
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: tsbs.....and problem with gauges

As long as the TSB relates to your specific model/years of car it doesn't matter when it comes out.

Of course, some older TSBs for a specific model might become irrelvant if the manufacturer fixes it at the factory for the next model year or even in mid-cycle. (Don't know if it's happend for our Mustangs though... but Honda did it when they had a serious V6 transmission problem.)

The gauges thing is wierd. I live in Michigan where it's probably much colder than Iowa and it hasn't happened to me yet.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:55 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Default RE: tsbs.....and problem with gauges

Don't confuse a TSB with a recall.A TSB is produced when a known issue becomes frequent enough that the company needs to let the tech know how to fix it. It can be something that is outside his daily norm and needs specific instructions on how to fix it. Something that wasn't taught at Wyotech. Something that the engineers have come up with a specific way to fix something, step by step. A TSB has no lifetime. It can continue until all the cars it pertains to have met the crusher, or it can be revised and they frequently are when the first try didn't do it or the issue was reoccuring. Your gauges need to be looked at. They should respond almost instatly when the car is started. There may or may not be a TSB for them. Now, a recall will have a TSB attached to it.